Any Winter Time Espar Deals with installation?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
getting desperate
That's why you won't find many specials in the winter for these things. In the spring and summer, maybe, but not when it's cold. Espar of Michigan installs them, as does most any Thermo King location.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
eBay has them install really isn't that hard the parts loose in a box might scare you but it's really not bad

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I know sometimes Espar of Michigan has used ones for sale. Like Turtle said right now it's hard to find one. EBay would be the best place to get one.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
If looking on eBay if used make sure you can return it if new its probably be safe to buy I've had friends buy used junk ones thinking they worked

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know sometimes Espar of Michigan has used ones for sale. Like Turtle said right now it's hard to find one. EBay would be the best place to get one.

Kenworth of PA has them all day long for $800.

Espar of Michigan has them for only $895 but the install is too expensive.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For installation Batteries Plus out in the middle of nowhere Ohio is $600 now same as Espar of Michigan. Need to find someone in Laredo that can do it. :) Got a quote from these guys in Fort Collins CO for $450 best so far.

Opt Overland

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Espar of Michigan has them for only $895 but the install is too expensive
Yes and no. They aren't cheap, but they do a really lot of van installations, which can present some unique challenges. No matter who does it, you want it done right.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When people put prices on here it really helps if they say what unit they are talking about.

Reactions: ntimevan

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When people put prices on here it really helps if they say what unit they are talking about.
I would rather spend extra on a unit that will keep me comfy and sleeping in my boxers at 0 degrees than save a few bucks on one that works but is blasting on high all night to keep it at 68 in 0 degrees.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The more I think about this I'm thinking I should order a zero degree sleeping bag rough it this winter and put the $1500 towards a new Sprinter or plan b take the espar I have out of another van and swap it to the 158 I'm driving. hmmmm o_O

I have a 06 Sprinter 140 high roof w/ 327k espar, insulation, roof vents, 2000 watt sinwave inverter, privacy tint. Runs perfectly all new brakes, transmission service, air/fuel filter and ac overhauled with new compressor less then 100 miles ago. Anyone interested?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For installation Batteries Plus out in the middle of nowhere Ohio is $600 now same as Espar of Michigan. Need to find someone in Laredo that can do it. :) Got a quote from these guys in Fort Collins CO for $450 best so far.

Opt Overland

For that price buy 2 it's probably a China copy!

He will probably freeze before he gets one installed. lol