Big Truck Any Solid Advice Is Appreciated

Cliff Gun

New Recruit
Researching
Have been considering driving for a while now and have done some homework. Was debating between a full length Sprinter and a Straight. I've deduced there's more work for straights, and much more comfort, and I do appreciate the comfort. Will be based out of Canada by next Spring. Can I get any input on the best Northern Routes to run, meaning pay-wise and access to Loads. Can do American runs without a problem. Also, what do I need to spend on a good, solid, reliable used straight? Am I correct in my assumptions about the Straight vs. the Sprinter? Will most likely drive with my girlfriend as my Co-Pilot.

Cliff Gun

New Recruit
Researching
Disregard the photo. I'm presently an Auto Transport Broker and that was a pic I use for ads.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Have been considering driving for a while now and have done some homework. Was debating between a full length Sprinter and a Straight. I've deduced there's more work for straights, and much more comfort, and I do appreciate the comfort. Will be based out of Canada by next Spring. Can I get any input on the best Northern Routes to run, meaning pay-wise and access to Loads. Can do American runs without a problem. Also, what do I need to spend on a good, solid, reliable used straight? Am I correct in my assumptions about the Straight vs. the Sprinter? Will most likely drive with my girlfriend as my Co-Pilot.

Welcome to EO!

Okay, so if I understand correctly your a US citizen based out of Canada. Yes, I believe you can run without limitation in the US. The issue is an "immigration issue" and not plate based.

I'd recommend a carrier that has a strong Canadian and US business. Possibly FedEx or Panther.