Any reviews for A-Plus expediting ?

Lamb4me

Active Expediter
I'm a 9.5 yr driver for an expediting co. out of N.C. and I'm buying a c/v to sign on with someone as an o/o. Can't find any opinions about A-Plus hoping someone else can shine some light on their reputation.I'm not intersted in working for a "giant" corp. nor getting a cdl .

westmicher

Veteran Expediter

Lamb4me

Active Expediter
Try Google. I see this out there:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/employm...ting-lo/a-plus-expediting-logistics-985f9.htm

http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.as...aram=MC_MX&query_string=641074&Go.x=13&Go.y=8

http://www.yellowpages.com/dayton-oh/mip/a-plus-expediting-logistics-16377652/reviews

It appears they claim 22 power units with 300,000 miles in their latest report available. Looks like another very small 2 owner operation that we would avoid. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the info !

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I can't tell you from an internal perspective, but we've worked with them carrier to carrier, and found them to be quite professional and straight up in all of their dealings. As far as that FMCSA report, the miles are from 2009, as the report is for 2010. When they file their biennial update THIS fall, you will see that they are quite a bit larger now.

As for ripoff report, well, it's Ripoff Report. There are several entries for Panther on there as well, and everyone thinks they're reputable simply because they aren't a "small 2 owner operation."

The size of the operation amounts to very little in the real world. We've had to fight for checks for months on end from large, flashy companies, some of which even advertise on this site and have incredible displays at the Expo. Unfortunately, flash or no flash, they're still dirtbags. My advice is to hold out for people on here who's actually worked for them. Also ask for references from fleet owners and present owner operators, if you're feeling leery.

chs007

Seasoned Expediter
i know them very well, even when they were B-Line here in Dayton, checks bounces, They will rip you off on pay, They put you on a % of load but will not show you what it paid. They find excuses not to pay you. If you get an account and make a deal with them they will steal it. They started B-line from taking account of a company they worked for . Here in Dayton we know them well and stay away.

I can't tell you from an internal perspective, but we've worked with them carrier to carrier, and found them to be quite professional and straight up in all of their dealings. As far as that FMCSA report, the miles are from 2009, as the report is for 2010. When they file their biennial update THIS fall, you will see that they are quite a bit larger now.

As for ripoff report, well, it's Ripoff Report. There are several entries for Panther on there as well, and everyone thinks they're reputable simply because they aren't a "small 2 owner operation."

The size of the operation amounts to very little in the real world. We've had to fight for checks for months on end from large, flashy companies, some of which even advertise on this site and have incredible displays at the Expo. Unfortunately, flash or no flash, they're still dirtbags. My advice is to hold out for people on here who's actually worked for them. Also ask for references from fleet owners and present owner operators, if you're feeling leery.

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
I started with them in 2010 and was there for about 6 months thay allways payed me on time and some times got my checks early never had one bounce i was on a % PAY and yes i never know what thay where got so if it was right now that are on a cpm plus fsc thay kept me moving Iam going to start local with them this week

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

Not sure what issues A Plus might have had in the past but they are a great company now. I believe it only has 1 owner now, but they are all very friendly and professional. i have never had payment bounce. i am always paid correctly and on time. I get plenty of runs, sure there are slow times but heck that's with every company. I have read the ripp off reports and to me it seems that it was written by an angry former driver who didn't fulfill his obligations because this company is no way how he described it. I'm happy to say i work for A+.

i know them very well, even when they were B-Line here in Dayton, checks bounces, They will rip you off on pay, They put you on a % of load but will not show you what it paid. They find excuses not to pay you. If you get an account and make a deal with them they will steal it. They started B-line from taking account of a company they worked for . Here in Dayton we know them well and stay away.
just wondering how long ago that was because i get paid weekly and have never had any problems. all of there local drivers confirmed that they also get paid every week with NO PROBLEMS.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Digging up a 3 year old thread to make 2 comments about how great a company is and not commenting on anything else on the forums. Sounds fishy. Very fishy.
Or being new, he may not realize the thread is 3 years old.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Smile, it does get better.
BigSmile.gif

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Combined with a few things that we can see behind the scenes, it is at the very least, a little suspect.

Reactions: jelliott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Tracking down the exact physical location of an IP address requires more time than I'm willing to invest, and there are (so far) a couple of key pieces of information required to track it down much further. But, I can say that it didn't come from the office, and that it came from a home, and that the home is really, really close to the office. That's why it's only "a little suspect" rather than anything remotely conclusive. If the IP address came from, let's say farther away than normal commuting range, it would be far less suspect.