Any info on straight truck teams?

JENNANDDUSTY

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I am looking for any info on husband/wife straight truck teams....such as does anyone know of any good fleet owners looking for a team? We are looking to start driving in May and there seems to be so many companies to choose from... he has 10 yrs experience and I have none but I have class B CDL w/air brakes...any help greatly appreciated!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Try Expediter Services. They are an honest company and a great place to start. That's how we started.

JENNANDDUSTY

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Thanks so much for the info...I have heard of them...dont they have a ton of trucks and they are leased with multiple companies?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Pm me and I will give you a FedEx fleet owners number that I work for

You MAY work for great owners. How long have you known them and how long have you worked for them.
Their identity is not needed to make my point.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure with 8 years experience he knows the difference between a good owner and a bad owner.

I am also a big fan Expediters Services. Met a guy Wed that's been with them 5 years.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I'm sure with 8 years experience he knows the difference between a good owner and a bad owner.

I am also a big fan Expediters Services. Met a guy Wed that's been with them 5 years.

Expediters Services are good people.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
What amazes me is with hundreds of trucks you hear nothing negative. Former driver told me that is because they don't do negative things to drivers.

Is John Elliot on their board of directors ?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would be curious about that 35 percent. Haven't heard "hundreds of trucks" either. I think he has 28 at Panther and a similar amount at the Fed. Not sure were the others are in that number.?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I thought they pulled 32 or 40 off E-1 when they left there.
Somebody that has accurate numbers will respond. Maybe JJ, Big Cat.

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
I would be curious about that 35 percent. Haven't heard "hundreds of trucks" either. I think he has 28 at Panther and a similar amount at the Fed. Not sure were the others are in that number.?

I believe they had about 120 trucks running...but some of those are owner operators, though I imagine that number has changed. I think they do work with three or four companies now...easy enough to call Jeff Tacker & ask him if someone is really interested. They are good, particularly for those just starting out, though I was not a fan of the T-check system at all....not sure if that was ES or the Fed who we were leased with.