Any fedex owners

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I'm not a newbie, but an experienced husband and wife team looking to make a switch to fedex. Straight truck but starting with surface until we get the proper credentials. Anyone know of any fedex owners with newer equipment? Or anyone care to PM me if they know of any owners to avoid? It's always scary moving and not finding anything when you research a potential owner. No news might be good news, but if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Your best bet would be to talk to any FXCC teams you see out there at the truck stops. Ask them if they are drivers and who they drive for. Word of mouth is amazing!

When you do find an owner ask if you can talk to any of their teams and give them a call. The more work you do before hand the better off you will be once you find the owner that you can work with and they can work with you.

Also when talking to those teams ask them about FedEx CC so you have an idea of the policies and nothing will be a shock. With your experience you should go into WG rather quickly as long as you do not have any pets.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Thank you, I think I will ask this potential owner for numbers to any current drivers. Maybe that will help me get a better feel for things. I have talked to lots of FedEx drivers and they all have really good things to say. We are excited to make the switch and eventually get into WG. I haven't really ever talked to any surface drivers though. That's why I don't know a lot about the owners with these trucks.

Looking forward to our future with FedEx. I've been reading the fedex forum and also have a few friends who work there so I've gotten some information regarding the company that way.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Good Job! The more you know before you get here the less chance for surprises.

Do you have a pet on the truck?

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
No, I'm allergic to dogs. We had a dog once with us, but I just didn't feel like it got the exercise it needed so we found a new home for her:(