Any companies willing to hire CDL B Learner's License Holder?

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have heard of a few companies doing it for husband an wives but rarely will u find it but good luck in your search

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just study the book and go take the test. I did it in indiana the testing center rented trucks to test in. If you had your license it may increase the odds someone would put you in a team truck.

vchien211

New Recruit
Driver
Just study the book and go take the test. I did it in indiana the testing center rented trucks to test in. If you had your license it may increase the odds someone would put you in a team truck.

Pretty sure it will take more than just studying the book and taking the test. Not to mention I've never driven a straight truck before in my life. Further not to mention I don't live in Indiana. But thanks.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Pretty sure it will take more than just studying the book and taking the test. Not to mention I've never driven a straight truck before in my life. Further not to mention I don't live in Indiana. But thanks.
I'm confused why you would knock given advice? How else does one get a license? Study then test.

I'm also confused why you would mention you don't live in Indiana. All states do not it pretty much the same. Study then test.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry I asked, you guys. Mods, delete this thread, please. My sincere apologies.
Not sure why you're sorry. That's what we're here for. But it would seem that you still need to do more research. I'd start by going to a truck stop or two, several times, and talking to a few straight truck drivers.

vchien211

New Recruit
Driver
Yeah, pretty embarrassed that I knocked given advice. I actually could use all of the advice I could get now. Sorry about that. But thanks a lot, you guys.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, pretty embarrassed that I knocked given advice. I actually could use all of the advice I could get now. Sorry about that. But thanks a lot, you guys.

Dude we all are willing to help u what state are you in I am in ga down here they don't rent trucks u gotta ur class b for a month then u have to have a truck an another driver with u an they do a inspection on the truck before I can test or at least they did the one I took it in it is all basically common since don't get over whelmed with it