Another Question!!

G

Can any body tell me about Alumi-bunk in Ontario, I understand that they do job placement and will sell complete truck packages financeing or outright Thanks

G

Alumi-Bunk will arrange your truck, the financing, plates, and everything else you need to start, but you have to get a job on your own.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You need to talk to other owners who have done business with alumi-bunk. No one we've met has anything good to say about the product or the way they were treated after their purchase.

elmerswabit

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
i recently purchased an fl80,d-unit, from alumi-bunk of atlanta;have had excellent support and return service with this company and got an excellent truck,plus a good price.oh yes, see a banker for financing----yoou get a better deal and most banks are looking for commercial accounts.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You must be with Alumi-Bunk. I have never and I mean never met one person who bought from them that said they would ever do business with them again! I find it strange that not even one of people I've talked would say "they're alright", but not one! that's testimony enough for me.

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would not recommend them for obtaining a straight truck. Ive seen alot of they're trucks and how they are put together. Not exactly quality stuff in my opinion. Nor would I reccommend a Freightliner FL70. They were not designed for constant over the road heavy duty use.
If your serious about obtaining a top notch straight truck, contact Ft. Wayne Truck Center in Ft. Wayne, IN. They order KW T-300's with class 8 (tractor/trailer) running gear. The sleepers they use are made by Benz (on of the best). for an extra 5-10,000 you'll get one that will last twice as long as a FL70.

G

I met another dealer at the truck show. he sells Freightliners for someone in Ohio. I lost his business card somewhere. his first name is Dave but I don't remember his last name or which dealer he works for but he is very knowledgeable about expedited trucks and even as smart as any recruiter i've ever talked to about expediting. If I was getting into the business or buying a new truck I would try and find him.

mustang

Expert Expediter
hi lee. dont go to alumi-bunk for job placement. do the research on your own and find the right company suited for you personally. there are many choices. as far as alumi-bunk gos for truck purchase, i do know they have a great selection at the detroiter, but wherever you go to buy your truck, dont let them talk you into all the bells and whistles. start simple and ALLWAYS keep your overhead down, down, down. good luck.

mustang

Expert Expediter
hi lee. dont go to alumi-bunk for job placement. do the research on your own and find the right company suited for you personally. there are many choices. as far as alumi-bunk gos for truck purchase, i do know they have a great selection at the detroiter, but wherever you go to buy your truck, dont let them talk you into all the bells and whistles. start simple and ALLWAYS keep your overhead down, down, down. good luck.

mustang

Expert Expediter
hi lee. dont go to alumi-bunk for job placement. do your own research and find the company thats right for you personally. theres many to choose from. alumi-bunk has a large selection of trucks at the dertoiter, but i suggest you look at the classified section on this web site. you may have to do alittle more research, but your going to save alot of money by buying used. you will do alot better in this business by keeping your overhead DOWN. good luck.

G

lee,
I am in the process of buying my second truck from
ALUMIBUNK. I have been completely satisfied with
both the truck and the service. i have had some tranny problems but that was frtlnr's problem Not a/b. u call atlanta and tell them Rod Sent ya and you will get a quality product u can make $ with.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rod's full of crap! If he's a recruiter out Minneapolis/St. Paul, and he's recommending Alumi-Bunk, I assure you he's getting kickbacks. Go ask 20 Alumi-Bunk owners (any 20 randomly) if they would buy from them again.