another great idea and no pix

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
da-n me anyway!!!
was at a p-u the otherday and there was a local fella there with his sprinter. he contracts to this customer to do their expediting. anyway he solved two problems we have discussed in the past.

rear bumper protection

he had 2 used dock bouys tied across the rear bumper so a forklft would hit them rather than the bumper. cheap and easy and weather resistant.

swing away gen carrier

he used 4 boat trailer nose wheels to support his tray. he cranked the wheels up or down as needed. wooden blocks used to fasten the wheels to the tray. chain to keep it secure to the truck when disconnected for operating. he also uses a 5k watt gen. said he burned out a couple of the eu2k units already in 4 years.

my camera was buried under the beds and i never thought of using gracies camera. someone slap me to wake me up.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
For rear bumper protection I ended up using a trailer hitch since I tow once in a while. Then I went to my trailer place and had them fab me up a T-bar that spans the width of the rear bumper. Capped the ends so no salt gets inside and rusts it out. Has protected my rear since the van was new.