An odd companion to have while trucking!

Trisha Thomas

New Recruit
Driver
Hi all!

My fiance and I are in the process of getting our class B CDL's to drive a straight truck for Panther. I know a lot of drivers have their pet companions such as dogs and cats with them in the truck, but we have a bit of an odd pet that we would need to have with us. He is a bearded dragon (aka: Lizard) and he lives in a terrarium and his tank would fit on the top bunk of a sleeper, but my question is...would a owner not allow that type of pet? He is not messy and he doesn't damage anything and he is extremely harmless. They require a lot of care and special lighting and we really can't leave him home because we have no one to look after him. So Im really curious about the pet side of trucking. Thanks for your help!! :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Motion sickness or some other stress would be my biggest worry with a reptile. But other than that, I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It probably depends on the owner you draw. Some couldn't care less and some probably wouldn't consider it. +1 on securing the tank. Some idiot in another vehicle is going to demonstrate just how stupid they are and the brakes are going to try to throw everything through the windshield so be sure it's secure. Also be sure to have load bars both in front of and behind your freight, not just behind, for the same reason.

Reactions: xmudman

JerzyVan79

New Recruit
Driver
Old post but we have our little turtle with us and she seems to enjoy herself and my wife spends lots of time with her and they sleep together with turtle laying on her chest. Make sure to get them proper lighting or sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hi all!

My fiance and I are in the process of getting our class B CDL's to drive a straight truck for Panther. I know a lot of drivers have their pet companions such as dogs and cats with them in the truck, but we have a bit of an odd pet that we would need to have with us. He is a bearded dragon (aka: Lizard) and he lives in a terrarium and his tank would fit on the top bunk of a sleeper, but my question is...would a owner not allow that type of pet? He is not messy and he doesn't damage anything and he is extremely harmless. They require a lot of care and special lighting and we really can't leave him home because we have no one to look after him. So Im really curious about the pet side of trucking. Thanks for your help!! :)

I think my husband can sometimes be classified as a "Bearded Dragon" ( close cropped ) and in the few times I have team drove with him, I sure wished I'd had a terrarium to put him in!!! :mad:

Edward Norton

New Recruit
Driver
I disapprove having animals in the truck. You take them with you for fun while it can actually kill them in the long run.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I disapprove having animals in the truck. You take them with you for fun while it can actually kill them in the long run.
Yet decades and decades of both anecdotal and empirical evidence says otherwise.

What? Oh OK, I'll tell him

My emotional support house fly says he's the happiest in here he's ever been.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Hi all!

How does he he do in the cold weather?

Sent from my SM-J337A using EO Forums mobile app