An Apology

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This posting is a whole hearted apology from myself, Mark (Weave) Palmer to Expediters Online members A-Team and Freespirit. It looks as though I have been very harsh and judgmental toward these two members since they joined the EO community, and having now met them and knowing them better personally, I now realize how wrong I was in doing so. I assure everyone they are who they portray themselves to be. Their backgrounds are much different than anyone I have ever met who has wished to enter the expedited trucking field, and that led me to make some remarks and perform some actions that I deeply regret.
A-Team and Freespirit have every right to enter this business as newcomers, and the rights to make comments and suggestions about trucking related subjects on the open forums, even without field experience yet. They do not need or deserve people such as myself attempting to control the forums and not allow them to do so.
I hope these members will continue posting messages on the Expediters Online forums as they enter this field. They have done very thorough research before entering it, and have shared that research with others on the forums. That in itself is something that that is worthy of the utmost credit. Now as they continue on and hopefully share their highway experiences with Expediters Online, they will continue to be members in the highest standing.
Again, I would like to thank members A-Taem and Freespirit, and I wish them the best of success as new expediters.
Sincerely,
Mark (Weave) Palmer

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
ATeam, EO Members, and any others lurking!

I am posting this in regards to an issue that many of you are unaware of. On Sunday 6/1/03 there was a thread posted by ATeam, several members, and myself. The post has been removed. The post was a very positive up beat thread from ATeam. What followed in the replies wasn’t. Things got ugly, and totally out of control. My performance and replies were very unprofessional. It appears that I cruelly prejudged ATeam, whom happens to be a very informational, and helpful member of the EO community. I formed this opinion of him at the opening of his membership with EO, and his very first post/reply. Remarks and comments were said of him not being for real, and accusing him of not doing what he said he was going to do in his posts, or who he was. I was part of that negative BS, and as I said above, cruelly prejudged a person (ATeam), with no prier knowledge of that person. For that I am Truly Sorry. I apologize to ATeam, his wife, and all the EO members for doing so. It has been brought to my attention that ATeam’s background is very different than we or I have come to know entering into this industry. He is already where we all thrive and dream to be. The ATeam both he and his wife are both professional (white collar) people and have been very successful at what they do. Because ATeam is who he is, and did what he did, was how I formed the opinion of him, and acted as I did. Realizing anyone has the right to do whatever they want, or be whoever they want, I sincerely regret ever thinking like I did.

As a newbie to this industry ATeam has every right to be a member of EO, and post his opinions, ideas, suggestions, and help just like the rest of us do. ATeam also has every right to enter into this business just as any of us do no matter who he is or what he did, and don’t need someone like me trying to prevent that. In all honesty! I hope all new people wanting to enter into this industry are as thorough in researching as ATeam is. I look forward to meeting you on down the road, as you enter into the world of expediting. I hope you, ATeam! and your wife continues to visit EO, and share healthy, and helpful knowledge with the rest of us, and continue as good upstanding members of the EO Forum. Again I apologize for acting so childish, and wish you and yours the best of success with your new business, and in expediting.

Sincerely,
Teacel, AKA Tony.