Amsoil in a Sprinter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I know of one person who has, they are not an EO member. I called them up and asked them what the results have been. Here is the info;

2002 Sprinter 3500 275K on the clock, average trip is 200 miles. Amsoil since the second month – second oil change. Extended the oil changes from 10K to 15K and have had service done at 150K to the engine without finding sludge (his description).

This is his second sprinter, his wife owns one and she only uses Mobil one (I think – it may be Castrol because she has something to do with them)

Hope this helps.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't speak to it directly however I hear the guy on XM on "America's Car Show" say Amsoil is the only thing to use.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

G

Amsoil is a good product, but be aware that many of its distributors are in it because of the "business opportunity" and are not necessarily experts on lubricants. In the premium lubricant market, I see Schaeffers and Royal Purple in use in a lot of industrial applications, but I never see Amsoil being used in any fleets or heavy equipment. If you are considering Amsoil, check out Royal Purple and Schaeffers as well. People who have done a lot more research than me have concluded that these two products are superior to Amsoil.

If you want to read more than you'd ever want to know about oil, check out www.bobistheoilguy.com/

I don't sell any of them. I'm just sharing my opinion.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually the 6.2/6.5 diesel site has a lot of oil related stuff on it, but you have to be a member. One of the contributors is (I think) a lubercant expert and when i was a member i read a lot of the reviews.

I will contact the site (may even join again seeing i have a 6.5) and get some feedback.

by the by, the Royal Purple brand is really good from all i have heard.