America's Mailbox, Box Elder SD

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone here used this service? Seeing as how I will soon be unhoused, I might need to use such a service.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something to think about. If you do not have a physical address you are not eligible for the perdiam deduction. Po boxes do not technically qaulify.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something to think about. If you do not have a physical address you are not eligible for the perdiam deduction. Po boxes do not technically qaulify.

Apparently, you can use their address as a physical address. It caters to rv'ers. You can get South Dakota plates, license, even register to vote. I've looked into it a bit, seems to be in conformity with SD law. I had Progressive do a quote; I would save over $800 by doing this.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wife and I used a service like this out of Sioux Falls .... Was great but you have to make the trek up there once if you want to move you drivers license too ! It was called "your best address " great people

Sent from my flying circus

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hear good things about them, as well as the one I posted about. One trip to SD wouldn't hurt, IMHO; there's touristy stuff up there. Tags on the van would be $130, vs $153 in PA. No property tax either state. Also, SD doesn't have state income tax :)

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The way things are going in the world at large, SD is starting to look pretty good :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
SD has 2 sides..the green side (east ) Liberal and the brown side (west) Conservative...separated by the Missouri R. And no corporate taxes either...

Oh..check out the I-29 corridor....manufacturing growth going crazy...:)

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sign me up for the brown side :cool: . I remember what James Carville said about PA; Philly and Pittsburgh in the corners, Alabama in the middle :)

I will always love Pennsylvania, but I don't think I can afford it anymore :(

Last edited:

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I did something simular for licensing puposes but the house I stay in borders east and west of Missouri river. Licensing there is cheaper but I also like the small town folks as well