almost there - need suggestions

EYDJ

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
USDOT - check, MC - check. UCR - check. I need suggestion(s) for BOC-3. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
USDOT - check, MC - check. UCR - check. I need suggestion(s) for BOC-3. Thanks in advance!
You should be getting a emails from a few companies who will file on your behalf and submit to the government for you. I used them when i filed for mine because it was easy and only $50. Get a listing of agents for only $50 priceless and easy.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm pretty sure the BOC-3 filing is part of the annual membership fee for OOIDA.
It's like the same cost ..... $50 - annual membership + plus they'll do the filing. Win, win ...
But I could be wrong .... gotta check it out.

EYDJ - what experience do you have in shipping? Are you fresh off the boat?

Reactions: EYDJ

EYDJ

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm pretty sure the BOC-3 filing is part of the annual membership fee for OOIDA.
It's like the same cost ..... $50 - annual membership + plus they'll do the filing. Win, win ...
But I could be wrong .... gotta check it out.

EYDJ - what experience do you have in shipping? Are you fresh off the boat?
Zero in the expedite business. 26 years in the transportation/courier business. 23 of those safe-driving.

Reactions: Grizzly

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like you have at least some idea what's going on.

A google search will find a myriad of companies that will take care of the BOC-3, pick one with the features you like. I'd lean toward a yearly membership and not a one time fee, it is possible someone will notify you someday with something important and you don't want to miss it

Personally I like those that make documents electronically available on the Internet for me

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope for your sake you have your 1 million liability and 100,000 cargo insurance quoted out, and you weren't leaving it till the end of the application...

EYDJ

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, even though the minimum for under 10,000lbs is 300,000/100,000.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, even though the minimum for under 10,000lbs is 300,000/100,000.
That's the federal minimum.

Broker minimum, and load boards is 1 million and 100,000 cargo (or they won't pick you)

I have 3 million canadian $$ and the cargo insurance is supplied by my carrier as I carry up to 2 million in aviation parts