All companies pretty much the same

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I have heard a lot of people express the opinion that all expediting companies are pretty much the same.

I could not disagree more. :cool:

Badmunky

Seasoned Expediter
^ That is so true. The one Im with now is great. the last one still owes me over 3k! and the one be for that could not aford to fix his trucks.

Later.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
I have heard a few complaints from drivers and friends of theirs that were owner opperators going out of business. This one particular guy would not drive for me because I was contracted with Panther. He said Panther screwed his friends and caused them to go out of business. I asked him why he thought that? He said it took his buddy almost 30 days to get paid and he sat in places for days. Sounds like inexperience and poor capitalization with no business plan to me. It's only logical that you are not going to get more then the 55% up front for at least the first 15 to 20 days. Once you get that first check they will come in weekly while your rolling. If you don't have enough cash to cover the first 30 days you are in major trouble. You should have at least 20K in cash and another 20K of credit available to even think about becoming a owner opperator.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yepper, ya gotta get the pipeline filled before ANYTHING comes out. Depends on how long the pipeline is. But, it keeps comming out once you get it full and keep putting things in the other end. Novel concept.

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
I have heard a few complaints from drivers and friends of theirs that were owner opperators going out of business. This one particular guy would not drive for me because I was contracted with Panther. He said Panther screwed his friends and caused them to go out of business. I asked him why he thought that? He said it took his buddy almost 30 days to get paid and he sat in places for days. Sounds like inexperience and poor capitalization with no business plan to me. It's only logical that you are not going to get more then the 55% up front for at least the first 15 to 20 days. Once you get that first check they will come in weekly while your rolling. If you don't have enough cash to cover the first 30 days you are in major trouble. You should have at least 20K in cash and another 20K of credit available to even think about becoming a owner opperator.

If you do the Bid Board of Panther's the contract is 30 days to get paid. Have several in line from different sources to get paid from, so a owner need to watch this P & Q's. Sometime you just need to look at your big picture.