Alexandria, LA.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This isn't truly a layover because I'm here on a FEMA assignment but I am here and will be potentially till 2/24. So far the weather has been beautiful. I'm already looking forward to resting this weekend.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
hey leo no whinning i did 90 days at lake charles, la last year i know what u r making makes it nice to catch a fema early in your career here good luck greg;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, definitely no whining on this one. I found a nice place by the week about 2.5 miles from the food bank that's only $30.50 a day including taxes and everything based on a weekly stay. It's got a small kitchen and cable tv so I'm pretty well set for off time. I hope it lasts through the 24th like the contract says but it could end at any time. I'll definitely stay on it till it's completed though.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For us it was being available to the food bank in Alexandria. We did a few jobs in the Alexandria area. We went to Lake Charles twice and to Robert twice. A couple of jobs were to pick up donations from retailers and the rest were to churches and other food distribution points.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
EO Forum Moderator
----------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
see post 5

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
EO Forum Moderator
----------

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Fema is basically disaster-aid/relief. Landstar has had bulk of the Fema contracts for the past several years and nearly all the work has been as a result of the hurricanes. You need to be with leam and have the neeeded eqiupt and be in right spot when they are looking for trks. Hope this helps. Greg