Air ride drivers seat?

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Looking at possibly getting DauntlessII but of the 2 or 3 used trucks i have seen i don't like the drivers seat what is the price of a new seat can you get used ones and is it worth buying used?

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Looking at possibly getting DauntlessII but of the 2 or 3 used trucks i have seen i don't like the drivers seat what is the price of a new seat can you get used ones and is it worth buying used?

I recently was looking for an air ride seat and since they are very pricey I thought that maybe I could find a good used one, well I looked at 3 different truck junkyards in SC and checked out ebay, 1 junkyard said that he had 1 a few weeks ago but it went fast for 650.00, the seat that I found at the international dealer was about 800.00 and it included both arm rests,lumbar support, and leather, where the one for 650.00 only had 1 arm rest and leather.
I figure for the extra 150.00 I'd rather have the one from the dealer simply because it has a warranty not to mention additional arm rest and the lumbar support. From what I could see most all of them in the junkyard are in the right spot. You may get lucky and find one but the odds are not in your favor from what I could tell.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
What is a DauntlessII ?

The KW next to the J in KC have a good selection of Air Ride seats .
starting @ 180$ or so.

Moose.

Dauntless was our first big d S/T i'm going twin screw again so well i can explain why i chose that name before i have it seen even if you want.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
I looked around at a couple of dealers, checked ebay now and then as there always seem to be a few on there either lightyly used or new. Trouble with ordering one online is the shipping will negate any savings. Local dealer had some Bostrom wide rides (upholstered plywood) National and Sears - another KW dealer in Canada had a bunch of Seats inc models on closeout, pretty cheaply too but they were being buttheads about it (buying a truck AND seat and they wanna charge me to install it) so I bought the same seat off the local KW dealer. Its a Seats inc. Legacy Silver, all ultraleather, two armrests, no bellows for $730 from Paccar Parts and no shipping. Same deal should be available from any KW or PB dealer.

Seats - Products

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
I'm assumeing,from the start that most seats will have holes in the correct places to go in just about any truck right?