air bag springs for alumabunk

Scott Tenney

New Recruit
I have a 2000 Freightliner FL70 with a 8' alumabunk and a 20' box. (Its an old panther express unit... My problem is this... The rear cabin of sleeper rides on 3 bags and I beleive 3 shocks. Does anyone have any part numbers on what the bags are? I saw a thread on it but no part numbers were given. All that was said is Fleetpride and Napa... Was wondering if someone had some numbers. Any help would be great. Need them Asap
Call/text if its easier. 4406450207 . thanks

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I have a 2000 Freightliner FL70 with a 8' alumabunk and a 20' box. (Its an old panther express unit... My problem is this... The rear cabin of sleeper rides on 3 bags and I beleive 3 shocks. Does anyone have any part numbers on what the bags are? I saw a thread on it but no part numbers were given. All that was said is Fleetpride and Napa... Was wondering if someone had some numbers. Any help would be great. Need them Asap
I'm not sure I'd throw my phone number out there like that.

In any case, can you post a pic of one of these airbags?

Scott Tenney

New Recruit
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150506_214338.jpg
    IMG_20150506_214338.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37

GandJ

Active Expediter
Scott
That looks like a Link Cabmate

Google Stengel brothers in Pennsylvania they have what you need.
Their website has all the pictures and manuals too. I'm sure you will
see what you need.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What about the shock numbers. Anyone know them. I have a 07 AA Truck Sleeper, i know its different but it looks like the same set up I have. The company wants $65 per shock WTF. :mad::mad::mad:

Scott Tenney

New Recruit
I ended up getting bags from sdtruck springs they were 50each. Hell some places wanted 125.00!!! I do not know shock numbers but as stated it is a link cabmate system.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
What about the shock numbers. Anyone know them. I have a 07 AA Truck Sleeper, i know its different but it looks like the same set up I have. The company wants $65 per shock WTF. :mad::mad::mad:
It's sometimes a lot easier to remove one, measure the dimensions, then match it to something comparable. I have to do this all the time especially with older or custom setups. And that price is reasonable.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Ok, another question, is there a way to check if the air bag is working properly?
You can pre-inflate them and check for leaks before you install. Also the ride level is located on the backside of the suspension assembly. That can be checked by observation when you air up or you can disconnect the linkage and manipulate it yourself. There will be movement of the sleeper so be sure you remain clear of any pinch points.