Age for driver?

Austin

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Is there any companies out there that will hire an 18 year old for sprinter/cargo van job? thank you

Austin

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Any fleet owners? I plan on getting my cdl when I turn 21 and I think Sprinter Van expediting would be a good start.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Most major expediting company's want 23 years or older. You might be better off getting a class a and teaming in a semi.

Austin

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I can get my Class A now but I can't leave the state of Oklahoma (where I live) in a commercial vehicle because of a restriction.

MightyMack

Active Expediter
Hi, Austin. Most trucking companies will not hire anyone under 21 unless the trucking company only does in-state deliveries. Even then, for insurance reasons, you may find it hard to get hired because of your age.

By the way, when you are ready to go to a truck driving school in order to get your CDL, there's a great article that shows you how to get the best CDL training near you, including what to look for when choosing a truck driving school and what you can expect to learn at most trucking schools.

Good luck!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would join military for 4 year's than come out and be easier to get a job in anything you want to do
plus training

Reactions: schwanman