Again

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Again and yet again our distinguished CEO Mr Curry makes reference to the fact more miles are available...Thank you, and I mean that....Now toss us a few pennies to go with them miles..*L*

More miles equates to more work for the same dollar...increased running costs...yada, yada, yada...

Again...I say, tell your staff you are going to pay them for 36 hours but they still have to work 40 hours to get the same pay!!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome back! Where've you been? Pick up the phone and call him. Get it right from the soruce. But, I have to agree on this one.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I should add..We all realize it has and is a competitive marketplace with some depressing rates of late. E-1's great marketing team has been right on getting the extra miles to compensate for the declining rates...and for that..Thanks again!

BUT...we are watching...and the time is VERY close for a move upward in restoring completely or partially our rates.

We also KNOW that the straight fleet owners have an enhanced earning plan...so please don't assume we are just stupid Cargo van drivers...big mistake...

Your PIA...Ken aka OVM

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ever wonder why E-1 doesn't have a suggestion box on the web-site? Or at least a FAQ page for O/O, drivers. Questions and Anwser for us to see.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I have not been on this site in weeks and I come back and low and behold its SSDD. Lets just face it. We didn't leave when they stole our pay from us so we have set a presidence. They also continue to bring on new vans/trucks with them knowing what the rates are and until they have a hard time recruiting because of the rates its not going to change.

If you owned a business and you told your employees that they are going to work 40 hours but get paid for 34 and noone leaves and they have people banging on the doors to get in would you change your ways?

Miss me?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have not been on this site in weeks and I come back and low and behold its SSDD. Lets just face it. We didn't leave when they stole our pay from us so we have set a presidence. They also continue to bring on new vans/trucks with them knowing what the rates are and until they have a hard time recruiting because of the rates its not going to change.

If you owned a business and you told your employees that they are going to work 40 hours but get paid for 34 and noone leaves and they have people banging on the doors to get in would you change your ways?

Miss me?

those 34 hours are split shifts, Half in the morning half at night....1 person doing the work of 2.....yeah, that's it! Gotta add that cost to'em too, just to make it even...har-A-har.

Why yes...we've missed ya.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome back Flattop!:D

Yeah SSDD..how bout that....I respect my dime as I do the dead...I'll never forget....*LOL*

Lighten up some though eh? Unless this forum is here just for good news....Got any? hahaha

Whining is still tax free till Obama and company get the idea to tax it...*L*

This is just a nudge to Mr Curry and company that we have not forgotten and the issue is still out there. Keeping it fresh in their mind. ;)

If they keep adding all this new staff the operating costs keep escalating we'll never see our money back...