African Football League, enjoy the monkeyshines!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I dunno.

Monkeyshine
noun
1. Usually, monkeyshines. a frivolous or mischievous prank; monkey business.

Pat Buchanan
noun
1. Usually, an ass. a frivolous conservative; my way or the wrong way; get off my lawn.

Reactions: skyraider

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I dunno.

Monkeyshine
noun
1. Usually, monkeyshines. a frivolous or mischievous prank; monkey business.

Pat Buchanan
noun
1. Usually, an ass. a frivolous conservative; my way or the wrong way; get off my lawn.
I suppose "African Football League " can be explained away Also?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Sorry, I don't buy it.
Maybe a "little" uncalled for. I'm not sure about "totally" uncalled for. The NFL is, after all, comprised of 70% African-Americans (their term, not mine). Is it racist, or an observation? I dunno.

"Blacks are 10% of the population, yet 90% of the FInal Four." Is that a racist statement? Or an observation?

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Sorry, I don't buy it.
Maybe a "little" uncalled for. I'm not sure about "totally" uncalled for. The NFL is, after all, comprised of 70% African-Americans (their term, not mine). Is it racist, or an observation? I dunno.

"Blacks are 10% of the population, yet 90% of the FInal Four." Is that a racist statement? Or an observation?
In your example, it's an observation.

"African Football League" & "Monkeyshines" have a stench of 100% racism and have no place on this forum. Imo.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"African Football League" & "Monkeyshines" have a stench of 100% racism and have no place on this forum. Imo.
As my official opinion as an Administrator, I think it certainly has a whiff of racism. But it's not racist in and of itself, any more than is a banana peel in a tree. I recognize that everyone is a little bit racist, even those who say they aren't. Maybe even especially those who say they aren't. It's human nature. And that's OK. It's all in how you deal with it that really matters. If it's overt and discriminatory, it's a problem.

Reactions: Moot

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A football league in Africa would be called? Just saying... sometimes we can read more into something then is really there... and would an all Jewish league be racist?

I used to bowl in a Phillipino league at bowling... that's what the league was called ....

Reactions: skyraider

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where is the 'opinion line' that says this? Just curious. I don't see it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Where is the 'opinion line' that says this? Just curious. I don't see it.
Click "Load more comments" about 4 times.
It's posted by a Mrs Leroy Goldberg.
I have my doubts if that's his or her real name, tho.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They're taking a knee to protest white cops shooting black people.

Below are two of Chicago PD's finest posing with a local Chicago activist. The department forbids police officers from making political statements while in uniform and/or on duty.Two of the three people in the photograph are now in big trubble. Can you guess which two it might be?

2454415_630x354.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
so why are professional players in uniform allowed to protest?

because the NFL and owners have no....?
None whatsoever, no. Squirrels have bigger.

Professional athletes, because they have unique talents, abilities, and skills, their contracts are (almost always) categorized as personal services contracts. It means they can be required to attend team events (like Fan Fests) and other things, and they get a cut of jerseys and other merchandise. It also means they represent the league, team and especially (contractually) the owner whether they are in or out of uniform. It means that, while under contract, their freedom of speech extends precisely as far as the league or the owner is willing (just ask Ozzie Guillen). If an NFL (or other sports franchise owner) tells the players they will stand for the national anthem, they gotta stand for the national anthem or risk voiding their contract (or fines or other repercussions).

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Amazing or maybe not. NFL last week, Vegas this week, we all need a break.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
**BREAKING NEWS**
NFL CUTS ONE TEAM...
The NFL announced today that for financial reasons due to the disrespect of the National Anthem and America Flag they had to eliminate one team from the league. They've decided to combine the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team. Causing many layoffs but saving millions of dollars in costs. The new team will be known as the TAMPACKS. Unfortunately, they're only good for one period and they have no second string...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
**BREAKING NEWS**
NFL CUTS ONE TEAM...
The NFL announced today that for financial reasons due to the disrespect of the National Anthem and America Flag they had to eliminate one team from the league. They've decided to combine the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team. Causing many layoffs but saving millions of dollars in costs. The new team will be known as the TAMPACKS. Unfortunately, they're only good for one period and they have no second string...
5000 comedian's are out of work and you're attempting humor!... :taunt2: