Aerocell Units

G

What do ya think of your Aerocells
folks? How's the reliability,quality of vehicle,
handling and fuel mileage??Curious as to how they're working out.

G

It's like a super-B van with a
fiberglass body,built-in sleeper
and 8ft.long cargo box merged
together very aerodynamically. The
only ones I've seen have been built on Ford E-350 chassis.Hope
this helps ya out as to what they are..They don't haul any more weight than a cargo van just more volume and have decent living quarters..

G

Yea...I was wondering the same thing...I've been in this racket fer years and never heard of an Aerocell. Learn sumpin new every day.

THE X

TL

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The only ones I have seen are with
LEAM, they have about 6 or so,was talking to a driver with one in
Blacksburg,SC a couple weeks ago.
Was pretty impressed with it,had
a generator for heat/air like a rv
and a real nice sleeping area..

G

I think that these are made in Toronto Ontario. A few weeks ago I had a CB conversation with a driver from Try Hours who had one, and he saw my Ontario plates and was asking me for directions to the company's location in Toronto. I was able to give him directions to the street, and he was going to go there after he made his delivery that night. We stopped at a truck stop and I had a look at his unit, it was a very nice sleeper unit, and because this is in a cube van design, it is very aerodynamic, and doesn't stick up into the windstream at all. The draw-back to me was that it did not have any more capacity than a regular B van, with only 8 feet on the floor, the rest of the floor space being used up with the sleeper area. He said he had bought this truck in Ohio, from a Ford dealer who had a few similar units from Canada. I can tell you all that if these are made in Canada, they will be very well insulated. I will attempt to find out more info and report back when I do. Jim Bunting Field Editor. Ps anyone with any information can contact me at our magazine e-mail ... [email protected] thanks.

G

I have some "Aerocell" info:
Unicell Body Company, INC.
571 Howard St.
Buffalo, NY 14206
Ph: 800-628-8914
sales rep - tom gates
I ordered a brochure for these units from their
web site. www.unicell.com
Duh, I wunder how much these puppys cost??