Advice on footwear for ladies?

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
What kind of shoes/boots are recommended out on the road?

Do you have rain boots? Winter boots? Are steel toed required or recommended?

Any particular brands?

Thanks!
Beth Paul, half of Team Paul Transport

Reactions: 96to22

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob has a pair of steel toes shoes that he wears most of the time that look like dress shoes. I do not have steel toes shoes. I carry one pair of nice black shoes to go with my slacks for going inside to customers, I have a slip-on pair of Sloggers for when it is raining, tennis shoes for walking, and in the summer I carry a pair of sandals.

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
Bob has a pair of steel toes shoes that he wears most of the time that look like dress shoes. I do not have steel toes shoes. I carry one pair of nice black shoes to go with my slacks for going inside to customers, I have a slip-on pair of Sloggers for when it is raining, tennis shoes for walking, and in the summer I carry a pair of sandals.

Thank you, that helps! Lets me know what to shop for, Johnnie too.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'll have to google boat shoes, as I am not familiar with them. Thanks for the reply!
They're pretty comfortable. Totally impractical during the winter, but I wear 'em anyway. They're usually leather, but sometimes canvas. They have non-marking rubber soles that are designed to be very grippy on a wet boat deck. Indispensable on a sailboat, because you really don't want to slip off the boat.

I don't know that I'd necessarily recommend them for expediting. Being non-slippery on wet surfaces is great, but not if the wet surface is diesel fuel, because diesel fuel makes boat shoes breathtakingly slippery. If you have diesel on the bottom of boat shoes, you will not be able to use a gas or a brake pedal until you wipe them clean with a paper towel.

I do recommend them over flip flops, tho.

Reactions: 96to22 and TeamPaul

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I carry steel toe and I have crocks for quick slip off and on and in and out gas stations.

I also have athletic, casual, and dress shoes, but they only get worn when I play dress up.

Steel Toe and Crocks are what I wear while working.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums