Ad Number: 21859

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
this AD under cargo vans for sale. its a $15,000 truck being advertised for $3500. and I have to say its a scam.I emailed the seller who claims to be selling her ex husbands truck.

I didn't send her any money thought it was kind of funny when her excuse for not being able to meet me at lax with the truck was she was with the truck in nashville. As luck would have it I happen to be unloading in smyrna sunday night so still waiting on her reply but I would almost bet she will be someplace else. get the crap off your site it makes it seem to much like craigslist.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the headsup.

The same "seller" with the same phone number and the same photos of the truck have were first reported as being a scam on Craigslist more than a year ago, and then again 6 months ago (more than that, actually - according to multiple reports on Cragislist, it appears to be an eastern European crime group that operates this and other similar listing scams). The same listing is at several car sales sites around the Web. Just doing a Google search of the phone number gives a cornucopia of information. The same truck is for sale in San Francisco, Nashville, Cleveland, Denver, Portland, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Memphis, Dallas, and several other cities, all listed with the same Los Angeles phone number.

I don't have anything to do with the Classifieds, as that's a totally separate section of the Website and I only deal with the forum part, but I'll alert chillout or Lawrence or someone about it. I also moved this to the Web Site Support and Services Forum.