accountant

steeltown

Expert Expediter
Hi,
Newbie with a question...how would you go about finding a C.P.A. in the area in which you live? I live in the central Florida area and would like to talk to someone who has a trucker background about doing my taxes. What cha think? Thanks.
Bob

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Bob,
You asked.
<Newbie with a question...how would you go about finding a C.P.A. in the area in which you live? I live in the central Florida area and would like to talk to someone who has a trucker background about doing my taxes. What cha think? Thanks.>
Bob

BOB,
FINDING A CPA IS EASY, JUST GO TO THE YELLOW PAGES AND LOOK UNDER ACCOUNTANTS-CERTIFIED PUBLIC.

I WOULD SAY THAT MAYBE 1 IN 50 KNOW TRUCKING WITH A BIG QUESTION MARK. I WOULD SAY THAT 95% OF THE CPA'S OUT THERE DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY WITH THE SPECIAL DEDUCTIONS THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE.

I HAVE A CLEINT WHO USED A CPA IN 2001, DID HER RETURN ????, CHARGED HER $1500.00 AND NEVER FILED OR GAVE HER A RETURN TO MAIL-IN, SO ACCORDING TO THE IRS FOR THAT YEAR. SHE NEVER FILED.

HERE ARE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS THAT YOU CAN ASK A CPA TO SEE IF HE KNOWS THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY.

1. HOW MANY YEARS CAN YOU DEPRECIATE A TRUCK? IF HE OR SHE ANSWERS 5 YEARS. RUN.
2. DOES HE KNOW WHAT A LUMPER IS?
3. WHAT IS THE PER DIEM RATE THAT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU, IF HE SAYS IT WOULD DEPEND ON WHAT CITY YOU ARE IN! RUN

I am not in Florida, I am in North Carolina, but most drivers use out of State tax preparers or accountants who know Trucking. I myself know trucking due to the fact that I was Also a Company Driver, and Owner Operator, Expeditor. so I know all the in's and outs of a truckdrivers tax returns

So the Decision is up to you, I can do your Return through USPS, Fedex, DHL or UPS

Frank

Frank's Tax & Business Service
226 S. Cherokee ST.
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
704-739-4039
Fax 704-739-3934
Cell 704-300-5143