Accept Load Calculator

Andrew Bennett

New Recruit
Researching
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and explain what I am building. My name is Andrew and I am a product designer that enjoys building digital products for people.

I just launched a website that is exploring ways to help out expediting drivers.

The website is www . FreightSprint . com

So far, I only have a calculator that will give you information about profit, deadhead costs, rate per mile, and give you a visual representation of the route on a Google map. I'm looking to add more features in the near future.

I'm looking to see if any is interested in using the tool and any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Bennett

Disclaimer: It is in testing and may not be 100% accurate.

Last edited:

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
You are missing so many variables that I can not envision anyone taking the time to use this. I entered a $1000 load from St Louis, MO to Detroit, Mi with a 41 mile deadhead. Your formula showed me having a profit of $932. That would be great if fuel was free, the vehicle had no operating or maintenance costs and the business had no costs such as insurance, registration and numerous other costs. You don't include miles per gallon which vary from 6 MPG for a tractor to as much as 25 +/- for a cargo van. If you were linked to a site such as gas buddy, you could have average gas/diesel costs factored in. Aside from the logical expense info you need to factor in the human druthers that are used by a driver to determine after all logical decisions are made, are there other reasons why to accept/refuse any offer. An example, a well paying load to Anchorage, AK sounds good and would look good in your program but what are the considerations needed to determine when and where the next load will come from and what deadhead miles/time will be required. Your program needs a lot of work to give even the least experienced driver any help. I would suggest that you interview, face to face, a few driver of each vehicle type to build a better mousetrap. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I wish you well with your project.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure what the DH cost is based on. But I know it don't cost me $24.66 to go 20 miles ;)

But if the prior above mentioned things are fixed, not a bad tool :)

How practical in a split second decision world? IDK.
Dispatch is pretty good with a calculator if you ask them. But if you were just looking for loads on your own could be of value.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The math needs some tinkering and a few more input variables need to be added...

But.....a good effort and definitely something with positive potential.