ABS, ESP, and Wheel Spin lit up

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Had something weird happen today in my sprinter. Rollin down the road and my wheel spin indicator lit up, lost power for just a split second like I was really spinning, then ABS and ESP lit up. Running fine, actually seems like its running better lol. I looked the symptoms up online, and from what I found, it seems it's probably a wheel speed sensor.

Does this sound about right, and is it anything I should be worried about replacing instantly?

Dale
Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
Had something weird happen today in my sprinter. Rollin down the road and my wheel spin indicator lit up, lost power for just a split second like I was really spinning, then ABS and ESP lit up. Running fine, actually seems like its running better lol. I looked the symptoms up online, and from what I found, it seems it's probably a wheel speed sensor.

Does this sound about right, and is it anything I should be worried about replacing instantly?

Dale

I have an 08 sprinter that does this. Wheel speed sensor probably bad. Usually u can just turn the van off then back on and it will reset. I wouldn't worry too much. It's a safety thing when it kills your cruise.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I have an 08 sprinter that does this. Wheel speed sensor probably bad. Usually u can just turn the van off then back on and it will reset. I wouldn't worry too much. It's a safety thing when it kills your cruise.

if it kills my cruise I'm going to be upset :eek:

Lol

Me

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
if it kills my cruise I'm going to be upset :eek:

Lol

Me

What I meant by kills the cruise is when the lights come on it deactivates cruise. I just turn the van off then back on and it usually resets and works again.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
What I meant by kills the cruise is when the lights come on it deactivates cruise. I just turn the van off then back on and it usually resets and works again.

LoL... I knew what you meant, just being a smarty :D yeah when a speed sensor went out on my wifes car the cruise wouldn't work.

it's funny it actually seemed like it ran better all night. I'm wondering if it wasn't malfunctioning for a while and slowing me down just a little bit.

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually I had all them lights on and lost cruise.... Cause? Put in wrong light bulb.... 1157 instead of a 1159.... Go figure

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Actually I had all them lights on and lost cruise.... Cause? Put in wrong light bulb.... 1157 instead of a 1159.... Go figure

:eek: wow... now that's a sensitive vehicle.

Dale

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dale, Did you wash your engine? Or drive through water? Mine will do that. Mine was due to a hole in the ABS module, right below the brake lines. Check it and make sure that no holes or loose cover on the front. If you get a chance, go see Wayne, he can hookup to your ECM and find out if it's a speed sensor. He can fix it, in fact the last time I dropped by just to say hello, he was doing just that.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Dale, Did you wash your engine? Or drive through water? Mine will do that. Mine was due to a hole in the ABS module, right below the brake lines. Check it and make sure that no holes or loose cover on the front. If you get a chance, go see Wayne, he can hookup to your ECM and find out if it's a speed sensor. He can fix it, in fact the last time I dropped by just to say hello, he was doing just that.

No, and no...but it's doing fine....as was advised, when I shut it off and restarted, the lights went out... guess one of those maintenance things to check before winter.

Thanks,

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, and no...but it's doing fine....as was advised, when I shut it off and restarted, the lights went out... guess one of those maintenance things to check before winter.

Thanks,

Dale

well kept secret...Sprinters self heal......LOL