About time. Should have been fired.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I was just wondering.

If an Engineer designs a bridge or building that failed due to their design, they can be sued.

My question is, why cant the Private contractors/consultants that designed Obama Care be held liable as the Engineers that designed a Cluster F*(&?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was just wondering.

If an Engineer designs a bridge or building that failed due to their design, they can be sued.

My question is, why cant the Private contractors/consultants that designed Obama Care be held liable as the Engineers that designed a Cluster F*(&?

It is not always the fault of the contractor. The problems could very well have been in all, or part, due to poor specs written by the government. Many times when government specs something out they also have a tendency to change major portions of the project in mid stream, causing cost over runs and serious production problems. Specs need to exact, concise with a clear understanding of what the project mission goals are and what is expected.

I am in no way excusing shoddy work on the part of a contractor, BUT, I would be willing to bet that there was not quality work on the part of the government right from the start. Kinda like, garbage in, garbage out.