About friendship and TJ aka Todd

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya know we've talked about Todds adventures and his latest escapades..some of us talked from a business angle only, it did not appear to be the smartest move ..BUT I have to admit...Todd really came thru for a friend....really went over the top to try and help out...He had his friends back...I have to give him credit for that...Glad he is with Load 1...even better to have him as a friend...Kudos Todd....:D

and GOOD LUCK with being an owner now Scott!!! You are the BOSS now....*LOL* ^5

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I agree...Todd's a good man! And his cheery disposition takes him places only most people can dream about.:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Todd and Scott are the next generation of expediters...Lord help us...*LOL*...together they could be a force in the industry..the next multi-fleet owners....something John E will have to deal with....for a looooong time.....;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have to chime in and agree. TJ stepped up when Scott was in a bad spot, much like Wolfeman did for J when his truck was down. I am not sure if people taking care of people is common in the expedite industry or if we are just lucky here at Load One. Either way, it is a very nice thing to see.

PS - Scott congrats on the move to owner operator!

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ya know we've talked about Todds adventures and his latest escapades..some of us talked from a business angle only, it did not appear to be the smartest move ..BUT I have to admit...Todd really came thru for a friend....really went over the top to try and help out...He had his friends back...I have to give him credit for that...Glad he is with Load 1...even better to have him as a friend...Kudos Todd....:D

and GOOD LUCK with being an owner now Scott!!! You are the BOSS now....*LOL* ^5

I have to chime in and agree. TJ stepped up when Scott was in a bad spot, much like Wolfeman did for J when his truck was down. I am not sure if people taking care of people is common in the expedite industry or if we are just lucky here at Load One. Either way, it is a very nice thing to see.

PS - Scott congrats on the move to owner operator!

Sometimes business decisions aren't simply black and white. You have to look beyond the initial decision to see the whole picture and how the people involved are affected by it. Todd was right there for Scott when the truck went down. I like to think it was a combination of friendship and paying forward the help he got when his truck was down. It's a testament to Todd's character.

I think that the expedite community as a whole would help one another when possible. These forums are a good example of that. Load One on the other hand is unique. Most of us know each other and have no problem giving help when needed, but here you have owner of the company willing to help as well. It makes a huge difference. We are stronger as a whole than we are as individuals. We don't let each other down.

Yep, Scott is an O/O now but he's not alone. He knows he can call anytime he needs to. If I can keep him from making the mistakes I made, then I'll be paying forward some of the help I've received. Actually that applies to anyone that wants to call. I'll have a lot of time on my hands since I'm driving my recliner for the foreseeable future.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Steve,

You can always come up in and spend the day in the new lounge when it is complete till you heal up! :D

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Steve,

You can always come up in and spend the day in the new lounge when it is complete till you heal up! :D

I'll certainly take you up on that! Should be around the time we celebrate our 1 year anniversary with Load One. They won't let me even ride in a car for 4 weeks after the surgery.:mad:

I'll make another attempt to buy you lunch.:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Todd's character is why he drives for my family. I had met Todd a few times and enjoyed his company...Dinner and wing a footall with Todd and all he drinks is pop, even when oos....When my son in law and daughter decided to go into the expedite business and they hit a snag in getting the drivers they wanted, Todd was recommended by a fellow espediter whoes opinion and recommendation I respected and Todd was handed the key to a brand new 2010 MB Sprinter from and owner that took Todd at face value...

Since then Todd has spent time with pur family and gone to church with us and my SIL a few times...as a friend he is a great guy, as a contractor in my families truck, he is loyal and a very hard working guy...People don't come much better then TJP....

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for all the nice things said y'all...That means a lot to me that people actually notice things like this...I try my best to be honest caring and i always try to put myself in the shoes of those in need an try to understand whats going on an what i can do to either A. make things easier for them or B. help them out...not only would I have helped out scott id have or will do the same thing for anyone i know and trust...;) Looking to become an O/O myself soon but credit is too ify right now so until then...Congrats Scott on your own Sprinter hope you suceed in everysingle way possible and i wish the same to all those out on the road with me...;)

guido4475

Not a Member
I envy Todd in alot of ways.Nothing gets him down, always upbeat, positive.He has been faithfull and true to his owners he has drove for, giving them his best.He has gained the respect from so many experienced vetran expeditors out here,and they are obviously proud to know him, and take him under their wing.And now, he is with a great carrier, doing great.He will continue to excell in this business,no doubt!