AAA Question?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I became AAA member a few months ago, and when my van started having brake issues, I took it to a certified AAA repair shop. They said it brakes wasnt getting pressure because Hydroboost was going out, so they put a new one in, and a new pressure hose. The total repair bill was alnost 800 dollars, but since it was a brake issue,and I was predispatched for a run a few hours later, I paid it with out question. But by the time I get back home, about five hundred miles from shop, the problem has gotten even worse. I called my home club,and they are investigating.The parts and labor came with 12 month warranty, but Im pretty sure they misdiagnosed the problem. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation? Will AAA fix the problem here locally? Will I have to pay out of pocket, if the repair dosent involve the part that they worked on? I also think he upcharched me on the part..it was almost $479 for a rebuilt booster,does that sound right?

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I had a GM transmission go out after 1k miles and another dealer pulled it to their shop and replaced it. My only loss was a driver in a motel for three days and meals. Anything happens to mine on the road I call a dealer. Costs more but I know I can get it fixed anywhere.