A Truckers Tale (it was a snowy night and all was not well)

sterling77

New Recruit
Industry Supplier
It was a snowy night and all was not well. The flakes were flying and the traffic had an evil smell. I left the Interstate of 5 and headed East bound and down Highway 22. A small pickup of blue led our merry parade, going to slow for the up coming snowy grade. I gave a shrug and a chuckle for I knew I was screwed, I would soon don my chaining gloves and brave the frigid blue.
Around the corner I see the horrible hill, spun out cars and trucks dotted it at will. The small blue truck gives a roar and a whine, it's small tires spin and sputter and died. My way forward blocked, to the curb I do pull and get out the chocks. The tire chains jingle as I pull them through the snow and wrap each tire with tender loving care.
As I stand up and look up the horrible hill I see the blue pick up unstuck and facing down hill. 4 way flashers do light up the sky, but the genius is blocking the down hill lane and begging to die. I move forward with quick overweight speed, to tell the dumbass to move the truck before we all bleed. Before I can get up the hill, I hear a screech and groan, and a flatbedder is sledding his trailer and making it moan.
Sideways that skateboard did fly, across the whole road like a falling skyscraper waiting to die. I spot a 19 year old Raven haired beauty bent to a wheel, no clue did she have of the pain coming her way. A cry left my lips, a mournful wail, my feet took steps 3, my mind steeled itself to see that which in the Army gave me PTSD.
The Gods stepped in this fateful Friday night, the flat bed trailer first hit her cars headlight, then it skipped and jumped and hit her hard right in her rump, it hit her head, her arm, her leg, her thigh, but broke nothing worse than a shocked silent painful cry. I helped her to her driver's seat and then sprinted for the hateful DeeOhTee. A yellow truck I did see and a driver as fat as me, I begged an ambulance, a cop and please plow and salt.
The help did arrive, the girl did ride in the ambulance to see, if internal bleeding or broken things did be. The DeeOhTee did also help me, with sand and plow I did make it home, to drink Scotch and write this :censoredsign:y poem.
Happy Friday. Stay safe. Keep your heads up when you chain up.