A strange thing,....

Whiterabbit

Expert Expediter
FINALLY feel like i can relax a bit,here, so i think ill tell ya bout this "strange but true" event, that happened to me some years ago...,think it was 79 or so ... I was hauling a load of insulating firebrick to Gary Indiana, from livonia Mi....Eight pallets i had on this flat bed straight truck with two tag axles...Boy only in Michigan could you get away with a rig like that brute was!... I had to aviod the 1st set of scales on I-94 entering Indiana. She was actually 3in. over width for the Indiana DOT types,(the front wheel base width,what with the balonie type of tires she had on her)..ANYWAY back to my story. I was west bound on 94 bout 20 miles west of Jackson. Just toolin along,enjoying the farm scenery etc. doin bout 6o, (goin downgrade). had my windows down catchin a breeze, when all of a sudden, "BAM' felt like id been shot in the back of my neck! I actually "heard" this horrendously loud "bark" as if from a rifle. (you that know..,.. know what i mean!)... Slowly i pulled my rig onto the shoulder and got her stopped. Slower than that, i reached behind my neck, with my right hand, felt myself go stone cold then that warm woozie feeling came over me,fully anticipating to feel that warm sticky stuff on my hand (blood)...Keeping my body ridged like, i reached back and to my amazement , there was a goshdarned APPLE lodged between my neck and the head rest of the seat!... Some stupid kid, or some stupider adult, threw an apple at my rig,she went thru the passenger window opening lodging between my NECK and the SEAT...lucky i was, that day, for sure...Had the apple for a snack,i did, that afternoon,best danged tasting apple i ever had ! ( and thank you God for watchin out for me that day if i didnt thank you back then!) The best to you all!.:).( WR )