A satisfied mind

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
The suspense novel is finished. While at home for the 4th I printed it out and made 4 copies (Office Depot loved me) and gave them to friends and family to read. I have received mixed reviews both good and bad. Two of the people just didn't get it, maybe I can attributie that to their lack of understanding of the trucking business. But, I may have to attribute it to my lack of good writing skills. Of the other two, one said it was ok, and the other loved it. That's a 25% approval rating, less than the President. LOL! They have since passed it on to others and the jury is still out. I have no plans of even thinking of publishing it. That was not my purpose.

Nevertheless, I have a satisfied mind. I set out to do something and actually did it. I started it and finished it. Unlike the quilt that just needs a border, the chair that is painted but the matching one isn't or the diet I've started over and over and, well you know the story on that one. But, I now have something to leave for my children. It is written in my own words with my own thoughts and as long as they can remember what my voice sounds like they can hear me speak to them.

I want to encourage all of you to sing your song. Sing it aloud not to yourself. Even if no one chooses to listen you will still have a satisfied mind that you did it.;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Congratulations Coco that is a huge accomplishment and not one that many can do!! Kudos' to you!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with the Team, a great accomplishment!

You know, if you put a wizard or two behind the wheels of the trucks, you could have a BIG hit on your hands.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Coco, congrats on setting a goal and accomplishing it. It must make you wake up in the mornings with a real satisfied feeling. My advice now is to leave the novel for a while then go back to it later. You may decide to make changes and truly publish it someday. At any rate, it is done, and you can be proud of your hard work! india

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Congratulations, Coco.

Someone suggested you put it aside and read it later. That is very good info. I had written a couple text books for the classes I taught. I had used them a couple times when all of a sudden I found a spelling error, grammar error, or another way to say something. It is VERY hard to edit yourself. You want your grandchillins to think that granny was a great writer, don't you?
:+ :+

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Congratulations, Coco, on finishing - it must feel wonderful! And just to make sure that your granchildren will never know the sorrow of being unable to remember your voice, why not record it, in your own voice, as an audiobook?
It might be the most precious gift they get from you, over a lifetime...:)

Pappy

Expert Expediter
You Go Girl! Congratulations on a great accomplishment!
In my opinion, you just got your feet wet---Now I see you plunging in head first and swimming like a fish. I ca'nt help but feel that now there's a lot more to come. After all, a writer knows just how a writer is.
After so long a time and running into a few snags, I finally released my second CD titled "Cowboys Do Rock"! If you're interested my website is listed in my user profile. You can visit my website and hear my latest 14 all original songs for free.
Again---Congratulations!

Pappy ;)

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Gosh....thanks everyone. I really didn't expect all the fuss, I just wanted to make all of you aware of your inner potential.

I like Indias' idea to put it away and look it over after a few months. Right now my mind is on the cookbook. I have collected all the ingredients I just need to make the dish, if you know what I mean.

Cheri, the audio book is a great idea. But, maybe a book of short stories.

Again, thanks for the encouragement.

are12

Expert Expediter
Congratulations Coco on finishing your novel! Maybe someday you will change your mind and see if you could get it published.

Maybe you will be my inspiration to finish the book I started 4 years ago. It is about my brother, that became ill in 1999, and what we went through together.

I do think Cheri had a great idea about the audiobook.

Once again, congratulations!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Coco, I don't read the Women's View forum every day. When I came across your satisfied mind post I was emotionally moved. What a great concept...a satisfied mind.

You illustrate well how there are many things to think about and illustrate with beauty and grace how a satisfied mind can be found in the midst of everything else.

Perhaps that is a topic for you to further explore and write about more. You are obviously walking the talk.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A lot more - Coco hasn't been around for years, either, so a reply may be somewhat delayed....;)

moose

Veteran Expediter
Leave him alone will yah?
it's his first week running the Elogs ,
and not yet knowing how to cheat the EOBR's,they have all bunch of spare time to kill...
They also have an Ebook that can hold more books then the new york city Library .
it's just a book review .