A Question

dckoll

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Ive been thinking about getting into expediting. I live in Grand Rapids, MI. Is this a good area for business? I see many expediting vans sitting in the truck stop by my house, mostly Fed Ex CC, Con-Way, CTX, and Panther. Wich of these companies should I look into? The other day while driving on I-94 east of Kalamazoo I must have seen at least 30-40 expediters. I seem to be in a good area, but would like to hear what you all think.

Thanks

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Grand Rapids is a excellent area for expediting.All of the companies you mentioned are major players up there.Probably Tri State or Panther mught be best for you in Michigan,if and when you investigate make sure that you will get a Michigan Intra-state permit,which will allow you to run within Michigan to the various auto plants etc. I ommited FEDEX CC simply because their normal tariifs are higher so the auto freight tends to move more often on the other companies.. Be aware FEDEX CC had a low cost division called Auto Quick and also a division called TPS.. The pay from both of those divisions is about the lowest in the industry. Also stay away from CTX.. Just my thoughts,good luck and check back if we can help you with any other questions.

G

Grand Rapids is a good area to live in. If you dont get a load to Grand Rapids, you should be able to get to Detroit at least once a week by chance. From there, you can dh home.
As far as what company, that all depends on you and what unit size you drive. Some companies are flooded with some unit sizes.

G

WE ARE NEEDING SOMEONE TO RUN WITH ARE SON AND WE LIVE IN MI. .IF YOU WOULD LIKE ,THIS WAY YOU COULD SEE IF YOU LIKE DRIVING IN THE EXPEDITING WORLD CALL US OR E-MAIL AT [email protected] OR CALL BRENDA OR DENNIS WE WILL TRI TO ANSWER ALL YOUR ????? FOR YOU WE HAVE 4 TRUCKS LEASED TO TRI-STATE EXP. AND WE ARE HAPPY WITH TRI-STATE. WE DO NEED ASAP A DRIVER TO PUT IN WITH JR. CALL AT 1-888-388-9381 TRI-STATE HAS A 3 -CLASS AND ALSO A APP THAT MUST BE BACK TO THEM ON MONDAY AT 11:00 AM FOR YOU TO BE IN THE NEXT CLASS ,THE NEXT MONDAY ,YOU MUST HAVE A DRUG TEST , GOOD DRIVING RECORD ,AGOOD BACK GROUND CHECK,NEW MVR, CLASS B LIC WITH AIRBRAKE ,AND HAZMAT. WE HAVE ALL NEW TRUCKS WITH LOTS OF EXTRAS ,WE PAY FOR THE FUEL ,AIG INS AND OTHER THINGS. CALL US