A Question

G

I have a question. What makes you think that you own your own company? I know you own the truck, and pay your own taxes,but aren't you told what to do by the leasing company? Sure you might turn down a run here or there, but the "real company" tells you where to be , and stay at all times.If the company your leased with calls you next week and says they don"t need you any more what would you do then? Its not like you have your own customer base, now is it? Are you even allowed to have your own customers, or even lease on with more than one company? From what I understand the answer is NO.
This is just something I have been wondering about. MERRY CHRISTMAS

G

Well, I guess Microsoft isn't a company either. They take something they own and lease it to a "real" company and receive money from the "real" companies for their product.

I guess if you are leased to "certain" expediting companies you are a grinning lackie. But the company I am leased to lets me make ALL my decisions. and if I were told my next week my contract was cancelled I would go out and CREATE a customer base for myself. The work would be harder, but it can be done if you want it bad enough. Then I guess I would be a "real" company...lol

G

Wake up a little Suzy - Wake Up!

Duh? Did that novel thought just occur to you or did you bump your head getting out of your truck? They know it- you know it- The IRS knows it..........WE ALL KNOW IT!

Does it make a difference?

Nah! Baby! Nah!

You need to find a company where you and they kinda, sorta, have that true "Independent" thing going.

Landstar seems to be the ones who have true "independent" status........No I dont drive for em, work for em, or anything. Just look at what people have to say about. They might get ticked with them every now and then BUT they always seem to be happy.

Why dont I work for em? I've tried...but things didnt work out. I also here the same about National Express from Charlotte,NC

They used to Landstar or had their baby...or something like that. Time to go to bed.

THE X

G

RE: Wake up a little Suzy - Wake Up!

No need to be a smart #####! Just asking a question. Merry Christmass.

G

Randy,
I did'nt mean anything personal. 10-4?

Peace.

THE X

G

Thank you! everything is cool.-Randy

G

Sorry Randy, I thought you were another one of those guys coming in and trying to cause problems.

G

x wake up and smell the coffee more and drivers are leaving lea....
drivers are not happy with them... as to independant, ask IRS and you will find there are ten areas that must be controlled by the drivers, that lea contract does not make the grade. that is why they make you pay workers comp....

G

iceman I am interested in what you stated about IRS requirements to be considered independant. Can you tell me where you , or I, can get this info. Incase your wondering this is a legit question. thanx for info.

G

contact your local IRS or your accountant there is a list of ten major items to which the contract must comply Landstars is no where close.