A CB channel for expediters...

Thumper

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was just curious if anyone else thought that it would be a good idea to have a channel on the CB that expediters, (vans, straight trucks etc.), could sort of call thier own?
I tend to get fed up with all the language and BS that is on channel 19. My wife and I listen to audio books about 80% of the time but if we had an expediter channel we could have the CB on with the squelch tuned way down and when another expediter wanted to talk to us in passing we would be able to do so.
I would have no idea what channel to use for this but I just thought I would throw it out for discussion.
We drive for Tri-State and we tried to get them to put this idea in our company newsletter but they have not yet done so. Maybe they think this is a "dumb" idea so I thought maybe someone out there could explain why it is. THANKS

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sounds like a great idea,so lets start the ball rolling,I nominate channel 29..easy to remember as most of the time we have ch 19 set in so all we do is go up 10,I rarely listen to it also,but my wife is a big audio book fan,at least 5 times I have been asleep and she has passed exits that we were suppossed to get of..makes for interesting
discussions..LOL

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I agree too. I will have to dust off my "Childrens Band" I haven't turned it on a nearly a year...lol. Channel 29 sounds good. Maybe channel 30 would be good too, a nice even number. Just a thought.

G

i agree. sounds cool and if lawrence is willing to promote it on this site, all we need to do is agree on a number. my vote is for 30. tcb

Rob Bowlsby

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I thought I read on this forum that expeditors were using CB channel 40. Although, I was driving through Ohio a few weeks ago, and no one was on it.

Thumper

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well it looks like several out there likes the idea of an expediter channel. If this is the case then we need to let Lawrence have some input as to what the channel should be. So far channels 29, 30, and 40 have been suggested. I personally have no preference as long as everybody else, or at least most, are happy with it. Please post your preference so that Lawrence can start the ball rolling. Thanks

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
RE: Vote Here!

Ok - let's make it simple. Vote for the channel you think should be North America's Official Expediter Radio Channel.

[font color="blue" size="4" face="verdana"]Let the voting begin![/font]
[link:www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/392bdc1942bfe38d.html|Click Here]

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Channel 30 has been tagged by OOIDA members. I just leave mine on 19, down low and listen for key words like bear, accident, back up, or Hey Landstar!