60/40-40/60 pro/con of each

Robert Paulson

New Recruit
Driver
US Air Force
Hey all,

I know there are tons of variables in this business. But, could you give me a situation throughout a given year, where being 60% is more beneficial, and when being 40% is more beneficial. Basic math breakdown is greatly appreciated. I don't need 'depends on this & this & this'..just the basic breakdown where each proves to be more favorable.

Aside from financial differences, as a new 1099 for a fleet owner, from a personal time standpoint, is there more 'work' being the 60%? I mean paperwork, taxes, tracking fuel all year, making sure you get fsc etc... OR.. not worry about fuel and just take the 40% and bust ass and keep the numbers a bit more simplified starting out.

In regards to being the 60%+fuel, is it a headache getting that money back? Is it back in your pocket weekly? Or something you have to meticulously track.

Thank you all for your time and input.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You want to pay for the fuel so YOU deside where to go.....in a straight truck you don't want to go out in the middle of nowhere and left sitting.

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
You want to pay for the fuel so YOU deside where to go.....in a straight truck you don't want to go out in the middle of nowhere and left sitting.
I beg to differ ive pick up freight and droped off in some of the weirdest palaces

Last edited: