58% Bolt Express, why's nobody talking about this?

007Express

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hey, I'm a pretty new expediter, been having some success. I've been working with non-exclusive carriers and I've been earning decent money/miles.

I wanted to do more research before committing to exclusive carrier.

I wanted to try having my own authority etc, but it seems like that's not the greatest idea.

Anyways, I've been looking around, trying to find the best carrier that'll fit me, and I came across bolt express.

Now, it seems to me that getting 58% instead of a flat rate of 80-90cpm is a more than fair wage.

Doesn't seem like anyone's talking about this...

Now I know that 58% can be good, and bad. But it seems like it free's your dispatch to bid on more loads. If the markets down, the markets down. If its up, its up.

Thoughts?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey, I'm a pretty new expediter, been having some success. I've been working with non-exclusive carriers and I've been earning decent money/miles.

I wanted to try having my own authority etc, but it seems like that's not the greatest idea.

Anyways, I've been looking around, trying to find the best carrier that'll fit me, and I came across bolt express.

Now, it seems to me that getting 58% instead of a flat rate of 80-90cpm is a more than fair wage.

Now I know that 58% can be good, and bad. But it seems like it free's your dispatch to bid on more loads. If the markets down, the markets down. If its up, its up.

Thoughts?
Oh, it's been talked about ad nausum...... flat rate and percentage both have good points, and both can suck. It's what ever works for you.

Reactions: Moot and Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thoughts?

Lots of relative terms in your opening paragraph ...
- How long have you been expediting?
- What do you consider decent miles?
- What do you consider a decent rate per mi?

Make sure to dig a bit deeper with each carrier you're looking at ...

Reactions: Treadmill

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
58% sucks. My carrier gives me 70%.
58%, 70% it could be all the same. The question is, 58 or 70 percent of what? When I ran percentage my carrier had published tariffs. I got 58.5% of the published tariff. But that was the late 1990's. A different era.

Reactions: Turtle and Grizzly