3% back on Gas?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Are there any C/Van operators using the Bank America Debit card, where you get 3% back on Gas purchases?

If you are, is it any good?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are there any C/Van operators using the Bank America Debit card, where you get 3% back on Gas purchases?

If you are, is it any good?

I use it....it even works for diesel purchases....

It works pretty well...just make sure you pay the whole balance every month.....Wife handles the payment she knows how it works better,,,the "little" details...

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Is not BOA going to start charging a per transaction fee on their debit card? Would that offset the cash back?

The bank said it was a monthly fee of $5. not per transaction. I heard that on Fox news because BAC got a lot of flack over it so they cleared up the information.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did not know about Diesel but that's a good thing. Thinking about using it with my two Vans, that could be substantial at the end of the year.
How does it work? Do they just put it in your account?

JuJu knows the numbers...I'll get her in here.....:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
When you've accumulated $25, you can redeem it into your bank or pay off that much of your bill. Just click on the buttons and put your preference in each time you redeem.

For example if you've got 60 bucks in redemptions..you can apply 50 bucks to whatever you choose and the last ten bucks gets added to your next bill.

This is for the credit card...not sure about the debit? And I make sure it's paid off every month to avoid any interest charges.

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
When you've accumulated $25, you can redeem it into your bank or pay off that much of your bill. Just click on the buttons and put your preference in each time you redeem.

For example if you've got 60 bucks in redemptions..you can apply 50 bucks to whatever you choose and the last ten bucks gets added to your next bill.

This is for the credit card...not sure about the debit? And I make sure it's paid off every month to avoid any interest charges.

Good Information, I need to check if it's debit or credit. Thanks for that.;)

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
Make sure you read the fine print on all offers as many have caps on how much you can earn. I found an offer from Capital One that returns 5% on gas if you redeem in gift cards. They have a nice variety of cards to choose from and to me a $25 WalMart card is the same as cash, especially when you can use it to purchase even more gas at a Murphy's. There is a $40 annual fee but you make that back pretty fast. The fact that you can put your dog's picture on the card is priceless.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd bet money it's credit not debit. BoA would never give 3% back on debit because they don't get anything out of it and they are a horrible bank. If there's a BoA debit card giving 3% on gas please let us know but I doubt it. Nothing good ever comes from that bank.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd bet money it's credit not debit. BoA would never give 3% back on debit because they don't get anything out of it and they are a horrible bank. If there's a BoA debit card giving 3% on gas please let us know but I doubt it. Nothing good ever comes from that bank.

I like the credit card and the features...use as stated and it works well....I used Capital One in Canada and got service charges/fees/penalties... out the kazoo....

we haven't found any hidden costs yet with it...

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Everything will be hunky dory until BofA starts charging 2$ per card swipe. I'm sure they'll think of some way to negate that .03%:rolleyes:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like the credit card and the features...use as stated and it works well....I used Capital One in Canada and got service charges/fees/penalties... out the kazoo....

we haven't found any hidden costs yet with it...

My Capital One has cash back, no fees, and no annual fee:confused:

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
The 5$ charge
It for debit card transaction for certain accounts.

What I was told my bank branch, it is a monthly fee, and only if you use the card for a transaction (one or more). No charge if only using it at a ATM.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I was told my bank branch, it is a monthly fee, and only if you use the card for a transaction (one or more). No charge if only using it at a ATM.

Just be careful of the small print....

My BofA is a CC...I pay it off at statement time NO interest and use the cashback against the next months balance....so far no sneaky service charges...