2021 MB Sprinter 2.0 gas or diesel

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heck, every night I see Promasters with a burnt out headlight.. .it's like an epidemic, a cult.. a status symbol, perhaps? ...lol....Similar to Dr. Seuss and those creatures with the star bellies...lol..I think the heat in an enclosed headlight housing is what is killing the bulbs. They just can't breathe. You musta had a few special edition Promasters, I reckon....lol.. A properly maintained vehicle should last way over 200,000 miles, not a hope and dream. A van owner shouldn't be "on edge" while owning that vehicle. They should have faith, peace, and ease of mind. That van should be working for them, not them working for the van. Every make and model has their quirks in one way or another. This picture is of someone's Promaster after the engine and transmission assembly fell out with over 20,000 miles. Supposedly it's not an isolated issue. Resizer_16382769395000.jpgResizer_16382794495520.jpg

Last edited:

VocalVirgo

New Recruit
Researching
Heck, every night I see Promasters with a burnt out headlight.. .it's like an epidemic, a cult.. a status symbol, perhaps? ...lol....Similar to Dr. Seuss and those creatures with the star bellies...lol..I think the heat in an enclosed headlight housing is what is killing the bulbs. They just can't breathe. You musta had a few special edition Promasters, I reckon....lol.. A properly maintained vehicle should last way over 200,000 miles, not a hope and dream. A van owner shouldn't be "on edge" while owning that vehicle. They should have faith, peace, and ease of mind. That van should be working for them, not them working for the van. Every make and model has their quirks in one way or another. This picture is of someone's Promaster after the engine and transmission assembly fell out with over 20,000 miles. Supposedly it's not an isolated issue. View attachment 20978View attachment 20980
So, I know you’re anti-ProMaster, and that’s ok. I seriously considered the other Chassis’ but none had the RV floorplan I wanted. And I’m picky.
I will tell you, I have seen many PM’s with burned out headlights and it irks me. I haven’t had one burn out, so don’t jinx me, lol.
I agree that any well maintained vehicle should last well beyond 200,000 miles. I also agree that owners shouldn’t be worried about the reliability of a van they just purchased.

That story about the drivetrain falling out of a PM (in the pictures you repost) was indeed an isolated incident. Heck, I’ve seen 2 early Teslas catch fire, but it doesn’t mean they are all crap. With that said, the first few years of PM’s were the worst.
now send me good vibes that my 11,806 miles will one day be 211,806 trouble-free miles :).