2020 transit 250 high roof extended

MichaelR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a 2020 transit 250 extended length high roof, and 27 months experience expediting. I’ve driven as much as 6800 miles in a week. I’m looking to get on with someone around March or April. Who pays around $1 a mile these days with lots of miles? Someone let me know

• Haha
Reactions: DollarSign

MichaelR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
There wasn’t much sleep. That’s just the way it is with hot shot expedited freight. If you pick up in South Carolina Tuesday morning, and it’s due Thursday at 6 pm in Anaheim, then you’re driving until 2 am. Up at 6, driving til 2 am. Up at 6, driving until it’s delivered.
Had about 3 weeks of 6600-6800 miles driving for Russians at .30 cpm. Caffeine and meth free.

• Wow
Reactions: DollarSign

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There wasn’t much sleep. That’s just the way it is with hot shot expedited freight. If you pick up in South Carolina Tuesday morning, and it’s due Thursday at 6 pm in Anaheim, then you’re driving until 2 am. Up at 6, driving til 2 am. Up at 6, driving until it’s delivered.
Had about 3 weeks of 6600-6800 miles driving for Russians at .30 cpm. Caffeine and meth free.
Why would you do something so reckless and unsafe?

MichaelR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
That. Or not have a job. Find another job. One of the reasons people run sprinters is to do away with logs, correct? More miles more money. Why would I attempt to maximize my earnings? Why did the company push it’s small fleet of 20 16 foot box trucks to run that way? I left my previous work of 15 years at the time to make more money, not the same or less.
Ask Greystar Transport. Oh never mind. They went out of business. They couldn’t keep their auction bought yellow penske moving vans running when they ran so hard like that.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not that my opinion matters but I wouldn't ever hire anyone foolish enough to run 6800 miles a week as a solo and I'd never be foolish enough to let anyone else know I'd done such a foolhardy thing if I had. All the money in the world is worthless to a corpse.

MichaelR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I’m not disagreeing with anything you all are saying. It was very dangerous. However, many less than truckload hot shot businesses run that way.
I’m all about the job. I don’t refuse a job. I’ve not called in sick since 2001. That’s just my mentality. It’s good to be positive. It’s bad to be a corpse, or cause harm and death to others.
I’m just saying don’t be so negative towards me. It came down to me from above my head.
Thankfully, I guess...they’re out of business as far as expedite is concerned. I was with them for 27 months, and outlasted all their drivers. I guess I see why now.

MichaelR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
That was my job, and I lived to tell the tale. I did later realize that the dispatcher was telling shippers that we ran two men trucks, but that’s not the case. It was always solo, hence .30 cpm. I was turned away 2 or 3 times because the shipper asked if I had a co driver-“your dispatcher told me you had a co driver”. Dispatcher was upset, but I’m honest.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If you had caused a crash you and only you would be liable... why because you chose to drive unsafe like that....in my 11 years of driving a cargo van i never ever drove stupid after my first load back in 2007.....why because there is no load worth my life or the life of those i am driving around.

Reactions: jcoppman

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m not disagreeing with anything you all are saying. It was very dangerous. However, many less than truckload hot shot businesses run that way.
I’m all about the job. I don’t refuse a job. I’ve not called in sick since 2001. That’s just my mentality. It’s good to be positive. It’s bad to be a corpse, or cause harm and death to others.
I’m just saying don’t be so negative towards me. It came down to me from above my head.
Thankfully, I guess...they’re out of business as far as expedite is concerned. I was with them for 27 months, and outlasted all their drivers. I guess I see why now.

That was my job, and I lived to tell the tale. I did later realize that the dispatcher was telling shippers that we ran two men trucks, but that’s not the case. It was always solo, hence .30 cpm. I was turned away 2 or 3 times because the shipper asked if I had a co driver-“your dispatcher told me you had a co driver”. Dispatcher was upset, but I’m honest.

In high school I had a teacher and wrestling coach who was fond of saying, when appropriate: "If you were given a brain today, it would be lonesome."

Reactions: ntimevan