2019 Sprinter prices staying same, going up or down?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went to a well stocked Sprinter dealer with 20+ vans on the lot most of the 170's seem to be around $45-50k depending on options. I was thinking to myself why spend $35k on a 2015 or 2016 model when the 2019 is around the corner and will be much better truck all around rumors that a lot of the options that go into Mercedes cars will hit the Sprinter market. $50k just seems too high to spend on a 2017 model with the new Sprinter over the horizon. I'm wondering if it will be best to wait it out or maybe wait till the next generation Sprinter comes out and reevaluate. I'm just thinking about lost wages from delaying the purchase and how much the 06 beats me up on 600-700 mile days. Waiting around for a deal could be lost income. I'm ready to run some 900 mile days with some suspension seats but I certainly can't do it in the 06. I've heard rumors that prices will go down once they are built in the US therefore if they do that would push the 2014-2018 models down even more in value. They would all plummet to a estimated $20-35k depending on miles/condition. Any thoughts?

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fix whatever is wrong with yours that causes it to "beat you up". Mine rides as well as a new one.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I hate it when I ask a specific question and responses do not answer the specific question!

So here's mine... forget the $printer, go buy a guitar and form a rock band, get drunk every night and chase groupies!

Does that answer your question?

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought the question was answered very well....he talked about the beat up seat being a problem as well and he did ask about thoughts...he was not specific enough...Thoughts on what? buying a sprinter now or later? or fix the problem for now and buy later?
even in my million mile money maker 05 I bought the Oregon seat and am very comfortable...
I think the OP could be a better deal maker...out of year Sprinters I seen and heard were going for 37-42 K depending on options..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
20604701_824057517753971_4377377206672789968_n.png

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The seat is a small issue here folks, the main concern is pleasing the carriers (that pay normal wages and not .65 and .70) with a newer year model truck, also gaining comfort and ability to increase my miles per day comes next in line. If the carriers that paid well would gladly bring me in with a 06 Sprinter yes I'd stay in it. But my miles are starting to get up closer to 230-240k which is where the resale value starts to drop off after 250k. I'm seeing a 15-20k upgrade here money well spent or hold out for the 2019 release and pick up a used 15-17 then. It looks like it could be a waiting game this time around... a long one if you ask me. :oops:

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still don't understand why one would buy a van ..it's a losing proposal why not just buy a nice straight truck and get paid more

Sent from my SM-N910T using EO Forums mobile app

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
DOT Regulations, upkeep and expense, vehicle is useless if not working. Sprinter can be used for many things. More versatile, better mpg, vans don't have to sit at truck stops. Lower weekly fees with carriers. Would love a straight but I would have to get one with 400-500k and drop around 35k to get going, also the CLASS A trucks are highly regulated which is the only one I'd consider. Too many regulations sums it up. PITA to get started and I even already have a CDL B. Also those trucks own you once you purchase them. If the wheels aren't spinning you aren't winning. Sprinters can idle and sit a little longer without justification.

Reactions: DollarSign

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I went from a solo ST to a Chevy G3500. That was when FedEx paid percentage so I was always over a dollar a mile. Within a year or so they went to 85cpm plus fsc flat rate which was a definite hit. It still made money for the reasons given. If I was going back out I'd go with a van again for the same reasons.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't think that you got a 06 that rates would be less than if you bought a newer one. Stick to yours and put a better seat and buy later. A 2019 or 2020

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't think that you got a 06 that rates would be less than if you bought a newer one. Stick to yours and put a better seat and buy later. A 2019 or 2020

I've already done the home work, all the carriers paying good rates want new trucks. I wish it was easier to explain but stick with 06 no work. Upgrade van, plenty of carriers to work for that pay good or fair rates. Stay with old van count on carriers with less miles and lower pay. I may just park the van and do some local courier work and occasional uship runs until the next generation Sprinter comes out. I miss how easy it was to get around the country doing expedite. I can go anywhere I want with uship, it just take massive planning and weeks of waiting.