2019 Expediting Results are in

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello, I just finished my calculations for 2019 year. These results are for 7 units; 5 sprinters and 2 Small Straights. I split % of revenue with drivers, but they pay for gas. I am responsible for vehicle repairs, tolls and insurance. All equipment is paid off. I don't know the exact mileage for 2019, but it's a lot. I'm guessing 150K+ miles per unit. I have solos and teams. These units are under DOT reg. Soon will retire some Fords as they push towards 500K miles.

$936,348
2019 Revenue
(504,598)
Salaries
(93,635)
Depereciation
(35,581)
Insurance
(22,004)
Maint/Repairs
(6,086)
Tolls
(14,800)
Office/Admin
(1,420)
Fuel
(3,240)
Travel/Motels
(1,621)
Interest
(2,500)
Misc
$250,863
Net Profit
$93,635
Add Depreciation
$332,325
Cash Flow

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drivers pay for fuel on their own; sometimes I give them $50-$100 for fuel if relocation is required. Example no loads in Odessa or Orlando so I give them gas money to relocate to better areas.

Reactions: bg101

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
7 units (2 of them straights) and only 35k for insurance? Are you covered partially by a carriers insurance?

These are not straights as we know them. These are non-cdl driver straights - over 10K lbs but under 26K lbs - mostly.
What insurance ...? Fly by night operation. They're in business now and one day, all of a sudden, they won't be.

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
7 units (2 of them straights) and only 35k for insurance? Are you covered partially by a carriers insurance?
We have $1MM commercial liability from Progressive and $100K cargo insurance; the rates are low because the business is located in the low cost insurance state; plus I don’t buy comprehensive coverage for older units. Vehicles are paid off so I take the risk.

Reactions: bg101

Dave Sullivan

Seasoned Expediter
Great Job !!!!!!!!!! I would love to have that low insurance cost. I also would like to know milage of each vehicle and year, you may be able to squeeze more depreciation out, maybe. Still great job!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using EO Forums mobile app

linehauler47

New Recruit
Driver
My only suggestion would be to highly vet your drivers. Expedited van drivers are some of the most annoying out there in my experience. Going slow as hell then will speed up leaving you hangin in the left lane then slow down again. Literally drives me insane and happens often, particularly in Ohio??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
sO, crunching the numbers, gross divided by 7 units gets me $133,764 avg gross per vehicle before expenses. Not bad. The "$1,000 to 2,200" per week net pay for drivers part, If their paying for their own fuel on loaded miles and some DH, seems like they would starve to death out there, IDK>>?? When you state "per week net", I assume this is before fuel expense as you would not be netting fuel out if the driver is paying for it themselves, right?

Reactions: joey88