2018 268 no start after drive cycle

paladinYYZ

New Recruit
Mechanic
I have a 2018 Hino 268 JO8E crank with no start. The truck started and drove just fine until it was shut off. I'm thinking it lost its prime. Fuel filter was nasty so I changed the fuel filter. topped off the reservoir(davco) and it started and ran great. next day the truck started and ran until they got to their destination and shut the truck off. Now it seems like every time the truck drives and gets shut off it just cranks and cranks. it seems to be getting worse. Getting harder and harder to get started. i replaced the o rings that came with the filter and replaced the check valve. It seems to have a lot of intermittent bubbles in the sight glass.

paladinYYZ

New Recruit
Mechanic
i thought about that. But...when it does get started...it runs fine at seemingly full power. Is there something unique about a hot restart that exposes a weak pump? Is it harder on the pump to start the truck as opposed to run it down the road?
Also...does the supply pump get removed from the bottom or the top? does the manifold have to be removed?