2017 Hino 268A Cracked oil Filter Housing (2 years old and 60,000 miles)

The Texas Trucker

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Newbie Truck Question..please be patient.
We bought a new Hino from the dealer and all oil changes/services have been completed at the dealership in a timely fashion. We have a slow drip oil leak (3-6 drops per night after use) and have been told it was due to an oil filter housing crack. The repair is expensive and a disappointment as a new Hino truck owner.
What is your opinion on how the housing was cracked? We have had no service repairs other than a new fan clutch replaced. Thanks in advance.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I have never heard or seen a oil filter housing crack EVER. Been working on J08 Hino engines for 14 years. Pm me the VIN. You should have coverage on a vehicle this new. Ill check your warranty certificate. I have seen many camshaft housing gasket fail and leak oil down he rh side of the block. Send me the vin and exact mileage.

Reactions: The Texas Trucker

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I don't have a crystal ball. For all I know a metric left-handed dingle arm hit it while going down the road. We can go back an forth on what may have caused it..... or you could send me your vin and I can check and see if a oil cooler is covered under the Hino 5 year 250,000 mile warranty. Your choice.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Ok I got your vin and checked the coverage. I replied to the PM from flying-van. Oil cooler housings are covered under Base engine warranty from manufactures defects. The truck has base engine warranty for 3 years and unlimited miles. Good till 12-5-19 Unless someone hit it with a hammer or something of that nature it should be covered under warranty. Did you buy it from a Hino dealer?