2015 BCO Days - Jacksonville FL

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We just left BCO days and we have attended a lot of special events and NOTHING compares to BCO days.

Anyone that missed going to BCO days really missed out and never have I seen that many drivers and I believe there were over 2000 treated this well by everyone.

From the time we arrived and got on our first shuttle that was driven by Landstar employees till we were waving good-by Saturday afternoon we had a blast.

A very special thanks to all of our friends and new friend we met there with a special thanks to our very own Beachbum that took us under his wing and made sure we were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. That was not an easy task and we found we knew a lot of people there and those we did not know Beachbum did.

Probably the biggest surprise was the open doors to the main building and being able to wander the five floors and meet the people we deal with and also ask a lot of questions. We were able to talk with logging, compliance and then spend time with the people who take care of LEA.

The workshops were great and watching that brand new truck being given away was a blast. The giveaways each night were of a very high quality and there were a lot of them. Even though we did not win we enjoyed the host of the evening and he had us laughing and I am sure HR was cringing.

We entered our truck in the truck show and came away with second place. A VERY beautiful Western Star beat us but next we will give him some more competition.

During these two and a half days we learned a lot about Landstar and the culture and I am here to say we like it and I think we fit in nicely.

Landstar picks up one night of a hotel for each driver and then provided us with three meals a day. They also provided the shuttles that got us around. The meals were no brown bag lunch either they were very nice meals and on Friday night we all had steaks.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
  • FullSizeRender_5.jpg
    FullSizeRender_5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 36

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just so glad both of you had a great time.. I didn't do anything special, since there would have been others to help you there.

One time Linda was questioning if she should hang around with me in the main building since everyone we came across said here comes trouble....Plus most higher up knew be by name without looking at my name tag..

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One other thing, seen the new CEO on stage and to me I think he will be in the same mold as Jeff Crow. Heck, he talked about Jeff and never once did I hear him talk about Henry...