2015 and up hino 268 med duty straight trucks

alex108

New Recruit
Researching
Hi does anybody hear on a 2015 and newer hino 268 truck? If so are there any major flaws with these trucks? Are they good for the highways? Parts availability? Servicing, Etc...

i have heard the new hinos are the way to go..

Reactions: ARAUCANO

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They are the way to go.

Go broke & Go crazy.

Actually Hino makes a decent product if you buy one appropriately spec’d for your application.

Where are you going to run ?
How many miles per year ?
What will your gross weight be ?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
150,000 miles per year, to me, is not medium duty useage.

I drove a lot of Hinos, on and off a semi trailer. Most probably had 7 miles on them.

They’ll be smarter people than me to tell you if they’re tolerable after 400,000 miles. Or even useable.

alex108

New Recruit
Researching
you referred me to this thread but from what i understand the older hinos, 07-14 were not as well built as the newer 2015 and up.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you referred me to this thread but from what i understand the older hinos, 07-14 were not as well built as the newer 2015 and up.
I'm not saying anything good or bad about a Hino..... just information.

Both greasytshirt and Hino123 are the experts. Either should chime in at anytime.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
2009-2014 stay away from, they have bad burner set up. I have an 07’ pre emissions pushing 900K. With you doing 150K a year is a lot but the hardest thing about the Hino is finding people to work on them. Parts aren’t a problem, they come out of MS, but your average mechanic can’t work on these trucks. Most shops don’t have the software for these trucks.

alex108

New Recruit
Researching
2009-2014 stay away from, they have bad burner set up. I have an 07’ pre emissions pushing 900K. With you doing 150K a year is a lot but the hardest thing about the Hino is finding people to work on them. Parts aren’t a problem, they come out of MS, but your average mechanic can’t work on these trucks. Most shops don’t have the software for these trucks.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greasy or Hino123.
Any comments on the 150,000 miles per year ?
Do you see many high mileage units ?
Are they better or worse than the competition ?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is he saying 23,000 lbs total gross or is he saying he wants to have a 23,000 lb total payload? One is ok for a Hino...the other...maybe not so much.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He said 23,000 gross.
It’s an under CDL truck.
I would hope he knows the difference.,

Once running some FEMA a shipper was putting 18,000 pounds on under CDL reefers.
Until a non CDL driver flipped one.
They quickly transitioned over to DR units.
Which they then reduced the loads.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would hope he knows the difference too. Saying "loaded with 23,000 gross" makes me a little skeptical that's all

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I am mostly working on 11-14 conventional trucks at the moment. 2015-up trucks are coming in mostly for PMs, few are having issues. I'll admit that I don't often notice mileage. I'll keep my eyes open and report back.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: piper1