2014 338 over full of oil

Tony324

New Recruit
Mechanic
Truck came into the shop wouldn't run bc the dpf filter was stopped off we replaced it notice oil dripping from turbo piping so we inspected that issue we drained 2 quarts oil from intercooler so we checked the oil and it was 5 inches over the full mark so we serviced the oil (wasn't concerned with it over full bc that's something our operators would do) then test drove it and ran perfect we released it for two day then it comes back over full on oil again and intercool is full also its not milky like antifreeze and it don't smell like fuel but now the truck smokes I would think it would have to be a injector putting fuel into the oil for it to be over full and if the truck is smoking does that mean the dpf filter is bad any help is appreciated

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The fuel injector return line on these is delicate and it could have cracked. This is the first place I would look. One of the banjo bolts is a one-time-use only fastener, too. The banjo bolts get torqued to 115 inch pounds only, it is important to use a torque wrench that can accurately measure torque this low.

The DPF is probably wasted. You can try to get it baked, but many places will not bake a DPF that's soaked with fuel.

Tony324

New Recruit
Mechanic
Thank you for the reply I missed it I guess lol but the truck is still at the dealer I wasn't aware of them putting injectors in it a month prior to the problems so we are letting them fix their problem but I will let ya know what they came up with