2011 268 can I reset CHECK ENGINE myself?

PaidPerMile

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello,

So I bought a 2011 that the company decided to buy new as opposed to fixing. The truck went and they determined it needed a new DPF filter and possibly injectors. They pulled the filter and put it in the truck. This is how I bought it. So the truck ran great other than the extra soot coming out because it had no filter. It pt up no check engine and I cycled the key multi times as I thought maybe they cleared. It still gave up no check engine until I put the filter on it. Which I drove it back home and the thing said at a light starting to REGEN, So it did that for a few seconds then the engine light came on. I took it to a loca; dealer and they said it needed a temp sensor and the nozzle was leaking. So they gave me a crazy estimate for doing it. that also said once replaced we will see. So I paid for the diagnostic and took it back. I ordered the parts myself from a dfiffernt HINO dealer that was much more fair on the parts. I also ordered new igniters new rear temp sensor burner basically the whole enchilada along with all new filters and water separator. The items I orders was still substancally less than the other crazy dealer.

So now you have the story my question is once I swap everything out will the check engine reset with the batterirs being disconnected? I have tried to buy more than one of those cheap $400 scan tools with no luck working for this truck. This is even though they claim they will work with 9 pin 268 truck, whatever. I didn't want to deal with HINODX cause those bootlegged version the people always want remote access which is no go for me.

I appreciate the help as I need to get this thing to go away. It runs great I just don't like running it when its telling me something is wrong.

Kris

PaidPerMile

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I should also say no derate, truck runs great and I have had to drive it over 30 miles from the dealer testing it. It won't let me go through a REGEN whch I presume is because of the check engine. The dealer didn't note codes just part numbers to order ro fix. This dealer is rather shady based on all the reviews which hardly any are good. Its the only dealer around though and I think this is creating the issues, no competition. I went out of town to get the parts from a much more fair dealer. If there is a such a thing.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I would suggest purchasing a genuine licensed version of DX2 software and a Nexiq USB-Link 2. You can purchase the right from the Hino website for a more fair price.

PaidPerMile

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
how much you calling "FAIR". I mean ballpark>?
I just checked the HINO site and it has $1800 for the sortware only. So this is why I was asking if someone knew if pulling the batts would reset it. This is way outside my budget for one truck if I was working on them yeah or if I had a fleet. I only have the one HINO.

Does anyone know of a low cost scan tool that does work on the 268?