2010 Kenworth won't shift out of gear

MattM750

Rookie Expediter
Hey everyone,

So I am new to this forum and don't know much about semis, but my father doesn't know much about computers. Anyways, he has a 2010 Kenworth T800 day cab with the automatic Eaton Fuller transmission. When he tries to shift it it becomes stuck in 2nd gear and won't shift any higher up. He thinks it may be a sensor on the transmission that is faulty or some wiring eroded, but the dealer wants to start by replacing the batteries (less than two years old) and he is confident that won't solve the problem. I am sorry I am not more informed about it but that is about all I know, I could ask him more questions though if needed. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey everyone,

So I am new to this forum and don't know much about semis, but my father doesn't know much about computers. Anyways, he has a 2010 Kenworth T800 day cab with the automatic Eaton Fuller transmission. When he tries to shift it it becomes stuck in 2nd gear and won't shift any higher up. He thinks it may be a sensor on the transmission that is faulty or some wiring eroded, but the dealer wants to start by replacing the batteries (less than two years old) and he is confident that won't solve the problem. I am sorry I am not more informed about it but that is about all I know, I could ask him more questions though if needed. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
I think if you would post this in the truck talk section you would probably get a quicker response.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Is there an F flashing? That would be xyz shifter. Or could be high low sensor. But with high low sensor u should get to 5th gear. Try shutting truck off for 10 min. This resets computer. You can also disconnect batteries.

MattM750

Rookie Expediter
Is there an F flashing? That would be xyz shifter. Or could be high low sensor. But with high low sensor u should get to 5th gear. Try shutting truck off for 10 min. This resets computer. You can also disconnect batteries.

There is an F flashing. The truck is at the dealer but I will call them and see what they say. Thank you!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
A flashing F means fault. The dealer should be able to read the fault and see what code it shows.