2010 258

Hemi-itis

Seasoned Expediter
I am having an issue with loss of power.It seems ok local but will sometimes feel like I'm missing a cylinder.On the open road it will start off fair buy after a few minutes @WOT the power just diminishes and the truck slows down to 58MPH. I find it worse in the daytime heat whereas night cruising it seems better. I have gotten codes for high rail pressure and low rail pressure.After a reset it was good for a while but I can't rust it for any long hauls I'm a rolback in the towing & transport end of things.
4 years ago replaced the DPF,all 6 injectors and fuel rails under warranty. Today I loosened the EGR manifold and had more pressure coming out of that then the tail pipe.Took out the forward temp sensor near the cat but NO exhaust came ot...........? I am going to my computer geek tomorrow,he can communicate with the truck.Looking to see if anyone has been down this road!7.21.15 092.jpg

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
P0087 and P0088 codes are for fuel rail pressure. I would start there and verify no debris in tank, or the elbows at the fuel filter. Check for air in the fuel. We have seen lots of issues with the common rail pressure sensor connector wires giving erratic readings. How many miles/hours? Is there any soot in the tailpipe? I assume you have changed the fuel filter already.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
If your computer guy has DX2 dealer software, you can perform this. Tech tip and see if you have a restriction in the suction side of the system.

Attachments

• 09-009 Isolating Fuel System.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Yaazza

Hemi-itis

Seasoned Expediter
Took of the fuel rails and found no debris.I change the fuel filter regularly cleaning the housing each time.I will borrow a scanner and drive watching the FP. Static it's 6k idle and with the air e/brake on spooled up it was a little over 20k. I can't take interstate work due to the 40mph uphill getting passed by doubles...............

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Have you attempted to bypass the suction side of the system as described in the document I attached? It will essentially split your problem in half with one test. If it runs fine and no codes set ,you will know the issue is from the inlet of the pump to the tank. If it does not get better then you will know it is from the pump forward. Does it set P0087 and P0088 every time?. You can clear inactive codes with the mode switch fyi, you do not need a scan tool. WHAT CODES IS IT SETTING?

Hemi-itis

Seasoned Expediter
P0087 and P0088 codes are for fuel rail pressure. I would start there and verify no debris in tank, or the elbows at the fuel filter. Check for air in the fuel. We have seen lots of issues with the common rail pressure sensor connector wires giving erratic readings. How many miles/hours? Is there any soot in the tailpipe? I assume you have changed the fuel filter already.
Veified no debris in tank.I change my fuel filter when the level is half way up the filter and clean the housing as regular PM.Removed fuel rail to check for debris,,,,clean.
We were scrolling through the scanner and found a section of programmable parameters. Increased the vehicle speed limiter and the truck made a noticeable improvement yet still has a slight intermittent Miss,,,,,
Hino corp was very good to me a few years back when the Fuel Injectors,fuel rail and entire DPF system was replaced.The Hino tech that took care of me had some sever health issues forcing him to park his toolbox. He now answers phones on a HIno tech line that must be for Hino techs only,,,boy I sure miss him!

Hemi-itis

Seasoned Expediter
Have you attempted to bypass the suction side of the system as described in the document I attached? It will essentially split your problem in half with one test. If it runs fine and no codes set ,you will know the issue is from the inlet of the pump to the tank. If it does not get better then you will know it is from the pump forward. Does it set P0087 and P0088 every time?. You can clear inactive codes with the mode switch fyi, you do not need a scan tool. WHAT CODES IS IT SETTING?
This was very frustrating as I could not climb the slightest incline at more than 40 to 45 MPH,had to ride the shoulder so I wouldn't dis the big trucks that can maintain 45 to 50 MPH
The toggle will not even work now so I can't get in to see anything!